Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

oaklandhusker

I decided to create a concept for Lokomotiv Yaroslav (the KHL team that had the big plane crash) as my way of memorializing them. This is, as I said, my first thought-out jersey concept. The set will feature home and road, as well as two alternates and a memorial jersey. There are no NOBs anywhere, as a symbol of unity. Your thoughts? So far, I only have the home done. Also, please don't click in, look at the concept, and leave. Because this is a memorial concept, so to speak, I want it to be perfect and need all the C&C I can get. Thanks.

lokomotivyaroslavlhome.jpg

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I decided to create a concept for Lokomotiv Yaroslav (the KHL team that had the big plane crash) as my way of memorializing them. This is, as I said, my first thought-out jersey concept. The set will feature home and road, as well as two alternates and a memorial jersey. There are no NOBs anywhere, as a symbol of unity. Your thoughts? So far, I only have the home done.

lokomotivyaroslavlhome.jpg

Not a bad first attempt. Your TV numbers don't match though.

1. Make the crest logo on the front smaller. It's a bit too big.

2. Get a new number font. The current one looks odd and is lame/bland.

3. Not sure if this was intentional, but the numbers are a different shade of blue than the rest of the jersey.

4. The numbers on the sleeve are too small.

5. Since it's just a concept, I'd leave off the advertisement.

6. I actually really like that pattern on the sleeves (the "checkered" thing). Try that as waist stripes (much like Carolina has a unique pattern on their waist stripes).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Perhaps there should be a small memorial element, not large, but something to "remember" and whatnot.

I'm planning a whole memorial jersey, and when I make helmets and pants and such, there will be something on the helmets instead of a team logo. Do you think that's enough?

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

You could start by using the team's actual colors(the red and blue are much brighter than the shades used in the logo).

Maybe try adding some white on the jersey. When you look at the logo, nearly 1/2 of it is white, so it just looks unbalanced to not have any white on the jerseys.

I knew from the outset that my colors were wrong, but I couldn't find their RGB numbers. If someone could tell me what they are, I would definitely change it.

What do you think I should make white? The tracks on the stripes?

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

You could start by using the team's actual colors(the red and blue are much brighter than the shades used in the logo).

Maybe try adding some white on the jersey. When you look at the logo, nearly 1/2 of it is white, so it just looks unbalanced to not have any white on the jerseys.

I knew from the outset that my colors were wrong, but I couldn't find their RGB numbers. If someone could tell me what they are, I would definitely change it.

Try this.

Try this.

That's a link to a fonts website... ?

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Try this.

That's a link to a fonts website... ?

Never mind that. Were you not requesting a font?

no. RGB colors.

The eyedropper tool is a good way to get those values, especially if you have the official logo. As for the concept, it's a decent start, but I think the tracks on the sleeves are a bit too much when they're a contrasting color like that. I think making them sublimated might give it a less "loud" look, and still give the effect you're looking for. I agree on the number font, and the proportion issues as well. I'm very curious to see what else you come up with.

Archived