76ers Logo, Upgrade, or Downgrade?

Funkatron101

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

HUGE UPGRADE

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Looks great, but there are too many navy and red teams as is. I'd like to see what your idea on the unis would be.

In my "Perfect" NBA world, the Hawks, Wizards, and Clippers would not share the RWB color scheme.

This is more of a "What I think they should have done" and I think it shows that the 90s logo was salvageable. Unfortunately, I don't think they will ever go back to this logo.

Looks great, but there are too many navy and red teams as is. I'd like to see what your idea on the unis would be.

In my "Perfect" NBA world, the Hawks, Wizards, and Clippers would not share the RWB color scheme.

This is more of a "What I think they should have done" and I think it shows that the 90s logo was salvageable. Unfortunately, I don't think they will ever go back to this logo.

Yea that makes sense then, I like it regardless, and though I'm not the biggest basketball fan, the Sixers are my team.

it's the NBA... you never know. They could go back to the 90's logo in a heartbeat.

Can't agree with ya on the Clippers... or even the Wizards, really. But the Hawks could go back to Red 'n Yella.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

it's the NBA... you never know. They could go back to the 90's logo in a heartbeat.

Can't agree with ya on the Clippers... or even the Wizards, really. But the Hawks could go back to Red 'n Yella.

I'm just saying, if I had my way, Hawks, Wizards and Clippers would have different color schemes. Red and Yellow for the Hawks for sure. Wizards would need to change back to the Bullets before I supported a RWB scheme, and the Clippers? Maybe powder blue, navy and gold? The league does have too many RWB teams, but I think the Sixers have more of a reason to use those colors than a few other teams.

I don't think any team will be quick to revert to a 90s logo considering the trend of logo design today, and the large fee associated with primary logo changes. That's why you see more and more secondary logo changes and lazy primary logo color changes (Like the Jazz and Wizards).

I can't help but read it Seven-Sixers because of the emphasis on the 7 both in color and size compared to the rest of the lettering.

Nevertheless, It's better than their previous logo, mainly because of the exclusion of gold, but still not as good as what they currently have IMO.

Curious why you feel that way with my recolored logo and not the current primary. I originally had 76ers in all white, and the star in red, but I wanted to follow the distinction of highlighting the "6ers" part.

Nevermind I didn't read your explanation fully. I'm guessing it's specifically the size difference between the 7 and 6?

Edit: Here it is without the red 7

76ers3.jpg

What if you made the 6 red as well?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived