The College Hockey Thread

Sport

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The University of North Dakota made a change to their home jerseys (have yet to see the road jerseys)...last year's homes had names on back in green outlined in black and shoulder and back numbers were a three-color green/white/black.

The 2011-12 home jerseys have the colors reversed - black outlined in green for the names and black/white/green for the numbers.

The University of North Dakota made a change to their home jerseys (have yet to see the road jerseys)...last year's homes had names on back in green outlined in black and shoulder and back numbers were a three-color green/white/black.

The 2011-12 home jerseys have the colors reversed - black outlined in green for the names and black/white/green for the numbers.

Man, I was so happy when they went with the green numbers/names on these jerseys a couple years ago. Now, it's back to more black, booo.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Man, I was so happy when they went with the green numbers/names on these jerseys a couple years ago. Now, it's back to more black, booo.

From everything I've seen, last year's set really "popped" compared to this year's.

I watched the BC/Denver game last night. BC is sporting new Under Armour jerseys that look decent, save for the annoying four stars representing championships on the back of the jersey above the player name.

In my short time of actually watching college hockey, I've become a fan of Boston College's uniforms. I love those colors.

I also really like Michigan's, especially the helmets.

My school has a club hockey team. They just started their second season.

Here are their duds.

190468_207886412560203_115590975123081_995716_1264071_n.jpg

When I watched them play Ole Miss last season it looked like an Isles-Caps game.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

In my short time of actually watching college hockey, I've become a fan of Boston College's uniforms. I love those colors.

I also really like Michigan's, especially the helmets.

My school has a club hockey team. They just started their second season.

Here are their duds.

190468_207886412560203_115590975123081_995716_1264071_n.jpg

When I watched them play Ole Miss last season it looked like an Isles-Caps game.

The pictures I saw from their first few games this year had the old school tiger logo on this year's jersey. They sold some of the above jerseys you posted on eBay, which makes me think those might have been a 1 year thing.

aubie-2.jpg

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

• 1 month later...

So I was looking through ASU's The State Press website and found some club hockey coverage. I was excited to see the No. 3 Sun Devils beat UA 7-1 and 6-4 in back to back games to improve to 4-0 over the Wildcats this season... AND THEN I SAW WHAT THEY WORE. WHAT. IS. THAT. :shocked:

img_6582.jpg

img_6713.jpg

img_6758.jpg

The extremely thick and unnecessary piping. The pitchforks on the knees. The maroon stripe just on the front/back on the black background. The tiny Sparky on the shoulders. And who in the hell knows what's going on with those socks. EGAD.

And actually if you look at it, ASU and UA are using the same jersey template, but dear lord do they look SO widely different.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So I was looking through ASU's The State Press website and found some club hockey coverage. I was excited to see the No. 3 Sun Devils beat UA 7-1 and 6-4 in back to back games to improve to 4-0 over the Wildcats this season... AND THEN I SAW WHAT THEY WORE. WHAT. IS. THAT. :shocked:

img_6582.jpg

img_6713.jpg

img_6758.jpg

The extremely thick and unnecessary piping. The pitchforks on the knees. The maroon stripe just on the front/back on the black background. The tiny Sparky on the shoulders. And who in the hell knows what's going on with those socks. EGAD.

And actually if you look at it, ASU and UA are using the same jersey template, but dear lord do they look SO widely different.

There is something the lords of NCAA Division I men's hockey need to see in this picture:

FANS IN THE STANDS!!!! In Arizona!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Those Harvard unis are BEAUTIFUL!

Why Fenway? Also, man, it looks empty!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Since the Winter Classic a few years ago, each year Fenway Park hosts "Frozen Fenway".

About a week ago, UMass faced off against Vermont and UMaine beat UNH at Fenway.

spacer.png

Since the Winter Classic a few years ago, each year Fenway Park hosts "Frozen Fenway".

About a week ago, UMass faced off against Vermont and UMaine beat UNH at Fenway.

This. And to be fair there's about 400 hockey games at Fenway between New Years and now. Obviously I'm exaggerating - but there is a ton. The double header last weekend had a pretty solid crowd, as did today's games.

Northeastern was wearing throwbacks tonight, I'll post a couple pics later.

• 1 month later...

Archived