The College Hockey Thread

Sport

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, pink draw strings? Seriously?

Clearly some sort of cancer fundraiser.

Obviously, but still it looks horrible. Pink tape I can tolerate, but when pink becomes an element of the uniform, it becomes garish and distracting.

spacer.png

• 6 months later...

I wonder if a new thread is in order for the 2012-2013 season? Or perhaps the title to this one could be changed? Either way:

oU5A9.png

University of North Dakota's 2012-2013 jerseys. Huge downgrade, IMO. The striping is awkwardly thin and spaced out, and I personally don't like shoulder yokes. I had hoped they would have used the interlocking ND as the crest and the state logo on the shoulders, while using the 2011-2012 template. Not going to be easy on the eyes this year.

Also... pit stains. <_<

edit: credit to Sioux-Jersey.com

qvAvG.jpg

I wonder if a new thread is in order for the 2012-2013 season? Or perhaps the title to this one could be changed? Either way:

oU5A9.png

University of North Dakota's 2012-2013 jerseys. Huge downgrade, IMO. The striping is awkwardly thin and spaced out, and I personally don't like shoulder yokes. I had hoped they would have used the interlocking ND as the crest and the state logo on the shoulders, while using the 2011-2012 template. Not going to be easy on the eyes this year.

Also... pit stains. <_<

Boo, there was no reason to change the jersey other than the crest, obviously.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

If we're posting 2012-13 stuff in here, Michigan State is making some changes. The new font that MSU introduced as part of its rebranding from a couple of years ago just didn't work on a hockey jersey, so MSU is bringing back its old, familiar hockey script that they wore for decades prior to the change. They'll wear the script uniforms only during special games like the Great Lakes Invitational.

reg-jerseys-m-ice.jpg

third-jerseys-m-ice.jpg

Here was the previous look (worn from 2010 to 2012) for comparison:

hockey+new.JPG

oU5A9.png

Also... pit stains. <_<

Hey Chris, thanks for the mention.

Just as a heads up, these renditions I did may not be 100% accurate. The only thing that might be different is the name/number font colors. The whites have already been confirmed as being accurate thanks to their two games they used them in the NCAA Tournament this spring. The same styling was used as the previous "Sioux" jerseys, so I would assume that they would apply the same to the green and black jerseys as well, especially since it would match the font colors/outlining on the front wordmark.

I agree on how hideous they are. There are different things going on that I like, but don't work well when mashed together into one. I have seen the blank authentics in person of all three colors, and they don't look quite as bad when you see the real thing, but they definitely could have done much better.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

If we're posting 2012-13 stuff in here, Michigan State is making some changes. The new font that MSU introduced as part of its rebranding from a couple of years ago just didn't work on a hockey jersey, so MSU is bringing back its old, familiar hockey script that they wore for decades prior to the change. They'll wear the script uniforms only during special games like the Great Lakes Invitational.

reg-jerseys-m-ice.jpg

third-jerseys-m-ice.jpg

Here was the previous look (worn from 2010 to 2012) for comparison:

hockey+new.JPG

Looks like I'm going to be shelling out some coin to get either one of the green jerseys since the NHL is no longer getting any of my money.

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived