2011 MLB Postseason

TBGKon

Congrats to the Cards for winning it. The people I'm happy for winning it:

6. Rafael Furcal. One of my fave Dodgers over the last couple of years.

5. Albert Pujols. One of the greatest players of all time is past the Peyton Manning/Julius Erving/Teemu Selanne/Mike Modano status of one-and-done champs.

4. David Freese. Becomes WS hero in his hometown. Enough said.

3. StLgent. The dude on here who does the "All-Sports Sig Champions" banners for us.

2. Arthur Rhodes. 42 years old and he gets his 1st ring. Would have gotten one anyway from either team, but being in the winners' locker room makes it a whole lot sweeter.

1. The die-hard, knowledgeable and classy fans from St. Louis, Missouri. Earned it. Unlike those from Philly, Boston or NYC...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cardinals had this Series handed to them on a silver platter, courtesy of the Rangers' bullpen.

Seriously, guys, what the hell??? All you had to do was hold on to one f---ing G-d damn lead! JUST ONE, AND YOU WERE HANDED SIX LEADS IN TWO GAMES!! And could you? NO!

St. Louis earned nothing.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Hail Rally Squirrel.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Cardinals had this Series handed to them on a silver platter, courtesy of the Rangers' bullpen.

Seriously, guys, what the hell??? All you had to do was hold on to one f---ing G-d damn lead! JUST ONE, AND YOU WERE HANDED SIX LEADS IN TWO GAMES!! And could you? NO!

St. Louis earned nothing.

So by your logic, the 1986 Mets, 1993 Blue Jays, 1997 Marlins, 2002 Angels and other such winners aren't deserving because they sucked and their opponents gave them everything on a silver platter. By your logic, baseball is only a "goat's sport," where heroes are accidental and never remembered or revered through the annals of the space time continuum.

Good to hear that.

One thing I learned watching the last two World Series: if a team wants to win it all, it must hire a bearded closer and that's all! :D

Maybe Papelbon must let his beard grow alone... :-P

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I'm actually going by a logic of a bullpen with an ERA at nearly 8 in the World series. They were under 1.20 in the ALCS, including Koji Uehara's ERA of nearly 36.

Unlike you, I'm actually using facts and logic. By ERA alone, yes, the Cardinals were handed this Series.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Let's not get too excited St. Louis...the Blues lost in Calgary tonight...

And the Rams play the Saints on Sunday...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

2011 Texas Rangers = 2011 Vancouver Canucks

So I guess downtown Dallas will riot tonight, with one couple making love to his woman on the street while another guy gets flash-banged in the balls?

I don't count on it. Remember, this is a Cowboys city.

One thing I learned watching the last two World Series: if a team wants to win it all, it must hire a bearded closer and that's all! :D

Maybe Papelbon must let his beard grow alone... :-P

Quick, someone get Kershaw some Rogaine.

But still, it looks like MLB is taking the Stanley Cup-route of playoff beards. And it's working.

2011 Texas Rangers = 2011 Vancouver Canucks....

....without the despicable, town torching fans.

David Fresse is the WS MVP.

And this is likely the last time we will hear of him ever again.

And still, when Freese becomes a free agent, the Mets will overpay because the guy has "name value".

6uXNWAo.png

Archived