2011 MLB Postseason

TBGKon

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suck it nerds!!

Just kidding. I've always understood the hatred towards the Cardinals. If I wasn't born where I was I'd feel the same way I'm sure.

I've super excited and tonight, I actually got to watch the game!!!

Hell all haters of St. Louis just think about this. The Cardinals won but they still have to suffer with the St. Louis Lambs in the NFL.

So? St. Louis is a baseball-first city, anyway....I doubt many of their fans are currently caring about the Rams being 0-for the season.

If the Mets win a World Series, is your first thought about the Dolphins being 0-7?

I've always understood the hatred towards the Cardinals.

Maybe you do, but I just don't get it. It's not like they're the Yankees or something. It's not like they win a World Series every three years. I can understand how other fans can get tired of hearing St.Louis has the "best fans in baseball" blah blah blah. The truth is they do have pretty good baseball fans in St. Louis. Are they "the best?" Who knows, but they are good fans. Why is that such a bad thing? The Cardinals fans we have around here are all pretty cool. In six years here, I don't recall any of them acting like annoying homers or anything. And let's not forget that a Cardinals fan inspired a CCSLC staple; "Today we are all..." :D And if memory serves, he's been a pretty good sport about it.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't see all these reasons to hate the Cardinals. Can someone explain what it is that makes people hate them?

BB52Big.jpg

Congrats to the Cardinals! Rarely ever do BuckCarver nail something, but they did when they said that absolutely NOBODY had the Cardinals winning the World Series in September. They defied the odds to make the playoffs, defied the odds to beat that Philly machine in the LDS, kept on playing like they had house money in the LCS, then got past the 2-time-&-defending AL Champions to win it. Hell of a run, Cardinals fans should be extremely proud of this team. Congratulations, and enjoy #11!

HOWEVUH

I'm actually going by a logic of a bullpen with an ERA at nearly 8 in the World series. They were under 1.20 in the ALCS, including Koji Uehara's ERA of nearly 36.

Unlike you, I'm actually using facts and logic. By ERA alone, yes, the Cardinals were handed this Series.

vicfurth is right, the Rangers handed St. Louis this one. You absolutely cannot blow those leads in that situation. They came as close as you can possibly come, one strike away (on two different occasions) and the bullpen couldn't get it done when they needed it the most. I know that Nolan Ryan had to be absolutely burning inside watching that happen during game 6. But for now, they join the '91-92 Braves (amongst a few other teams) in the "Lost in the WS 2 consecutive years" club. The Braves finally got it right 3 years after watching the Jays celebrate in ol' Fulton County, so I'm guessing that the Rangers will eventually. We haven't heard the last of em.

Congrats to the Cardinals! Rarely ever do BuckCarver nail something, but they did when they said that absolutely NOBODY had the Cardinals winning the World Series in September.

For my second unpopular opinion in as many posts, I thought Buck and McCarver did a great job in game six. I only got to watch the last three innings tonight but I thought they did well again. Maybe old age is catching up with me or something because those two didn't bother me all that much this postseason.

EDIT: That said, Dan Shulman is the best network PBP guy in the business. I was listening to ESPN Radio's call of the game on my way home tonight. I could do without Bobby Valentine, but Hershiser and Shulman were just killing it.

BB52Big.jpg

Was personally pulling for the Rangers just because they have never won it before, but in the end, the Cardinals just played better and really deserved it more.

But I agree with TFoA: the Rangers have a talented, young core that isn't going away any time soon. They make some improvements to the starting pitching, I see no reason why they wouldn't have a great shot at a third consecutive AL pennant. They've done it twice, they can do it again. But on the same token, they shouldn't feel shamed. Winning your league twice in a row is an amazing accomplishment, and they should feel very proud of doing so. Especially given they had literally nothing to their name before last year's postseason.

Congrats to the Cardinals! Rarely ever do BuckCarver nail something, but they did when they said that absolutely NOBODY had the Cardinals winning the World Series in September.

For my second unpopular opinion in as many posts, I thought Buck and McCarver did a great job in game six. I only got to watch the last three innings tonight but I thought they did well again. Maybe old age is catching up with me or something because those two didn't bother me all that much this postseason.

You obviously missed the part where McCarver rambled on about Hugh Jackman and that robot movie of his. (I missed it too, thank god.)

Buck did well for himself though. Again, I don't see how anybody can call him out for copying his fathers line during Game 6 -- even if there was a gigantic pause in the middle of the line as he waited for the ball to clear the fence. The situation presented himself. He HAD to.

6uXNWAo.png

But I agree with TFoA: the Rangers have a talented, young core that isn't going away any time soon. They make some improvements to the starting pitching, I see no reason why they wouldn't have a great shot at a third consecutive AL pennant.

I agree. Unlike the Cardinals, the Rangers only have 13 teams to go through.

/willmorristrollmode

6uXNWAo.png

You obviously missed the part where McCarver rambled on about Hugh Jackman and that robot movie of his. (I missed it too, thank god.)

Buck did well for himself though. Again, I don't see how anybody can call him out for copying his fathers line during Game 6 -- even if there was a gigantic pause in the middle of the line as he waited for the ball to clear the fence. The situation presented himself. He HAD to.

I do agree with that. As you can tell from the previous post, I'm not the man's biggest fan. That being said, I thought that was a pretty cool tribute to his dad, especially considering how awesome the ending to that game was.

But I agree with TFoA: the Rangers have a talented, young core that isn't going away any time soon. They make some improvements to the starting pitching, I see no reason why they wouldn't have a great shot at a third consecutive AL pennant.

I agree. Unlike the Cardinals, the Rangers only have 13 teams to go through.

/willmorristrollmode

But the Rangers have to face an extra hitter every game so it evens out. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Divisions: NYY 4, TEX 5, STL 3, MIL 5

LCS: TEX 7, STL 6

World Series: STL 6

Someone's going to kill me for this, but he was only off by one game.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Pretty sure he also missed on the Yankees getting out of the first round.

6uXNWAo.png

Here's the thing with willmorris, when he's not acting goofy, he actually knows his stuff.

BB52Big.jpg

I've always understood the hatred towards the Cardinals.

Maybe you do, but I just don't get it. It's not like they're the Yankees or something. It's not like they win a World Series every three years. I can understand how other fans can get tired of hearing St.Louis has the "best fans in baseball" blah blah blah. The truth is they do have pretty good baseball fans in St. Louis. Are they "the best?" Who knows, but they are good fans. Why is that such a bad thing? The Cardinals fans we have around here are all pretty cool. In six years here, I don't recall any of them acting like annoying homers or anything. And let's not forget that a Cardinals fan inspired a CCSLC staple; "Today we are all..." :D And if memory serves, he's been a pretty good sport about it.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't see all these reasons to hate the Cardinals. Can someone explain what it is that makes people hate them?

Unlike some other teams that I can think of that have recently acquired "the best fans ever," at least the Cardinals (along with the Yankees) can back up their fans' claims with actual on-field success.

Here's the thing with willmorris, when he's not acting goofy, he actually knows his stuff.

:lol:

How do we know he just didn't go back and edit this a week ago, or something?

6uXNWAo.png

:lol:

How do we know he just didn't go back and edit this a week ago, or something?

We don't. (Especially since I did the same thing in the MLB prediction thread a few weeks back. B) ) But I wasn't referring to that post in particular. I was just saying that, when he's not doing his "act", willmorris actually knows sports pretty well.

BB52Big.jpg

Who swings at a high fastball on 3-1 with Hamilton on deck? Jesus Christ.

Seems to me that Jesus Christ would have no trouble with a high fastball on 3-1.

Sorry, couldn't resist. B)

It's the curve ball he can't hit.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived