2011 MLB Postseason

TBGKon

Can't wait for the Tigers game tonight. I'm gonna be down there, should be a great atmosphere.

Anyways, there was no doubt in my mind that the Yankees would win the game after Avila slipped.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yankees are in a must win tonight, A.J. Burnett with the season on the line is a dsiaster waiting to happen.

If the Tigers win tonight they will win tomorrow 12-2 with A.J. Burnett not making it out of the second inning and A.J. will say find the gear Russell Martin wears to be the reason he lost.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

So the Brewers are doing that claw and antlers thing, but calling it the beast. Sad that baseball players can't think of anything else to do. Nice seeing Arizona getting smacked, though. Their TV guy is unbearable.

It's called "Beast Mode". Apparently Prince Fielder's kids are fans of "Monsters Inc."

Who else is doing it? Guess I don't follow celebratory gestures.

Here's an idea: when you reach 2nd base after hitting double, just stand there.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

So the Brewers are doing that claw and antlers thing, but calling it the beast. Sad that baseball players can't think of anything else to do. Nice seeing Arizona getting smacked, though. Their TV guy is unbearable.

It's called "Beast Mode". Apparently Prince Fielder's kids are fans of "Monsters Inc."

I don't disagree, but Six implied that the gesture was already in use elsewhere. I was inquiring as to its background.

And in any case, it's better than the stupid untucking thing they used to do.

I don't disagree, but Six implied that the gesture was already in use elsewhere. I was inquiring as to its background.

And in any case, it's better than the stupid untucking thing they used to do.

The more I see that type of nonsense from other teams, the more I realize how lucky I am to root for a team that acts like professionals.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Wow. The Rays cant even fill the Stadium for a playoff game.

Uh, bro. They sold out. They've sold out every home playoff game.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/rays/2011/oct/01/rays-sellout-monday-nights-playoff-game-ar-262085/

My bad, I got it off a tweet, not the most reliable source.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

I'm torn between who to pull for. Someone help a poor Braves fan make sense of all this mess?

Yankees - My brother and father pull for them.

Tigers - Meh. Verlander's a beast, but that's hardly a reason to pull for them. Plus, Jose Valverde negates anything Verlander does. He's obnoxious.

Rays - Like the Rays

Rangers - Josh Hamilton is the man

Brewers - Friggin' hate the Brewers. Fielder and Morgan are complete 'nozzles.

D-backs - Haven't liked them since they switched colors

Phillies - My cousins' team. Meh. Feels like bandwagoning. Plus... I'm a Braves fan.

Cards - I really, really like Albert Pujols. I really, really hate Tony LaRussa. And Chris Carpenter.

Somebody come up with some statisticky-gimmick like WAR to tell me who to pull for!

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Wow. The Rays cant even fill the Stadium for a playoff game.

Uh, bro. They sold out. They've sold out every home playoff game.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/rays/2011/oct/01/rays-sellout-monday-nights-playoff-game-ar-262085/

He didn't say they can't sell out. He said they can't fill the stadium, which is true. There are vast swaths of unoccupied seats in the upper deck.

CCSLC signature.png

Ugh. That would be bad.

That would mean they had to give away tickets in order to "sell out," which in modern sports parlance means "allocated all our tickets to people and organizations which may or may not have paid for them and which may or may not actually use them." Which is okay for regular-season games, but the playoffs?

I suppose, but it's hard to feel confident after back-to-back would-be comebacks. Hellboy is on the mound and it's a bit of a crapshoot as far as predictions go... he hasn't pitched in the postseason so I can't really look at his postseason pLI, SIERA, FIP-, etc. for reassurance. Let's hope we tie it up 2-2 tomorrow, but we really needed this one.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived