2011 MLB Postseason

TBGKon

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed... plus Boston has a team that's among the NFL's Elite, and the defending Stanley Cup Champions. Surely there's more to do than to tune in just to watch your rivals lose.

Assuming of course that every Red Sox fan is also a fan of the NFL, NBA, and NHL and that their favorite teams are the Patriots, Celtics, and Bruins. I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or start an argument. It's just that the logic of this type of reply escapes me. Especially when we see it pop up here, of all places, as often as it does. How many people on these very boards have "favorite" teams from different markets? How many people here like one sport but couldn't care less about another?

We really need to come up with a name for the old "you're not allowed to complain about sport A if a team from your city has won a title in sports B, C, or D in the last ten years" argument. I humbly suggest that we call it "The Big Four Fallacy." B)

BB52Big.jpg

Bases loaded with two outs in the first inning and the Yankees already have some action in their bullpen.

And oh my god, what a catch by Granderson.

Should of been an easy catch. Granderson is awful at reading balls off the bat. I'm sure the Tiger fans on here will back me on this. Gardner should be the Yankees CFer, been saying it for almost 2 years now.

Bases loaded with two outs in the first inning and the Yankees already have some action in their bullpen.

And oh my god, what a catch by Granderson.

Should of been an easy catch. Granderson is awful at reading balls off the bat. I'm sure the Tiger fans on here will back me on this. Gardner should be the Yankees CFer, been saying it for almost 2 years now.

Balls like that one, though, are damn near impossible to read off of the bat.

IUe6Hvh.png

Sean marcum is such a little bitch, I'm going to allow a grand slam and throw my glove in the air. What is wrong with him stay classy marcum.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Indeed... plus Boston has a team that's among the NFL's Elite, and the defending Stanley Cup Champions. Surely there's more to do than to tune in just to watch your rivals lose.

Assuming of course that every Red Sox fan is also a fan of the NFL, NBA, and NHL and that their favorite teams are the Patriots, Celtics, and Bruins. I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or start an argument. It's just that the logic of this type of reply escapes me. Especially when we see it pop up here, of all places, as often as it does. How many people on these very boards have "favorite" teams from different markets? How many people here like one sport but couldn't care less about another?

We really need to come up with a name for the old "you're not allowed to complain about sport A if a team from your city has won a title in sports B, C, or D in the last ten years" argument. I humbly suggest that we call it "The Big Four Fallacy." B)

No offense, but you wasted your time with your reply to mine, since the individual I'm talking about is clearly a fan of the Boston-based teams (look at his signature.) Therefore if he's focusing more on his hatred of one team than the other good teams he has to cheer for, it's rather quite pathetic.

Dang, I was hoping the Tigers could've put the AL All-Stars to bed tonight, but oh well. I'm hoping that they pull it off Thursday.

And it looks like Milwaukee isn't going to complete the sweep, as I had predicted. Aside from the Rangers winning today, it looks like a bad day for me! :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I wonder if the Yankees bring CC back on 3 days rest, or go with Nova for Game 5. I think they should go with Nova. All that kid does is win games. Start Nova and you have Rivera, Robertson, Soriano, and CC available out of the pen. Fister has already been announced the Tigers Game 5 starter.

No offense, but you wasted your time with your reply to mine, since the individual I'm talking about is clearly a fan of the Boston-based teams (look at his signature.) Therefore if he's focusing more on his hatred of one team than the other good teams he has to cheer for, it's rather quite pathetic.

It wasn't a "waste of time." My points were valid whether they applied to your particular post or not. Is your position that since his team is no longer playing, he should ignore the playoffs? If that's the case, then there are a lot of us who should just move on to football or hockey.

Why is it "rather quite pathetic?" There were quite a few of us here who spent the last week of the season watching baseball just to cheer on the Red Sox collapse. Were we supposed to just move on to another sport? I think you get the point I'm trying to make.

BB52Big.jpg

28,299 showed up to see the Rays season end earlier today. Move this team. Seriously.

If this was a Friday night-Sunday game, you would have a point.

Instead, it was a Tuesday early afternoon game that was scheduled under a week ago. How many folks have the luxury of taking off work and ditching school to go watch a playoff game?

Archived