LOGOLYMPIAD - Event 2

pollux

The National Basketball Association (NBA) has signed a deal with the Euroleague Basketball! The NBA champions will meet the EB champions for a one-game championship at a neutral-site. Your task is to design a basketball court for the one-game championship.

• The court must display the logo of both teams. Do NOT create an event logo, as this is not a criteria on which the event will be evaluated.
  • Your submission must include the city name, as well as the year of the championship. No specific date is necessary.
  • Make sure that for the year you select, the teams you have on your court have won their respective league championship.

Resources:

Template:

You must use one of the following templates for your floor: http://mrudolf.tripod.com/fields/. You can choose between the NBA court or the FIBA court.

DEADLINE: Friday, October 7th, 11:59 AM Eastern Time

Reminder - Read this carefully as I will not give a second chance to submit your entry from now on.

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (@) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

All final entries must be 800x600 pixels with at least 70 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in a 800x530 pixels window (800 pixels wide by 530 pixels high). I will NOT re-size entries that are not properly done, so make sure it's right.

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes the identity of themselves or anyone else will be DQ'd.

I will NOT contact you if your entry is wrong, therefore make sure that you comply to these guidelines before submitting your entry.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Pollux, we need create a logo for event too or just the 2 team logos?

You do not need to create any logo. You have to use team logos that already exist.

This event is called Field Art, so concentrate on the basketball court using existing logos from the respective leagues.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

You do not need to create any logo. You have to use team logos that already exist.

This event is called Field Art, so concentrate on the basketball court using existing logos from the respective leagues.

But wouldn't it make sense to make a logo for midcourt? I don't plan on participating, but shouldn't that be the case?

25yzwqg.png

But wouldn't it make sense to make a logo for midcourt? I don't plan on participating, but shouldn't that be the case?

Normally, I would agree with you. But the event is mainly aimed towards field art, so logos should not come into play for evaluating participants' entries. Therefore no event logo for midcourt. You could place team logos midcourt if you wanted to.

There are other ways to have an original court without a logo in the center. Think about colors, logo placement, wood pattern, etc.

From a PM I received (again, please ask all questions in the thread, as I will not answer any personal communication directly):

About the issue with Event 2, are you not accepting entries with a midcourt logo? Or are you just not recommending it? I don't have a problem with it, I just don't want to be DQ'd.

Since this is the Field Art event, you do not need a logo for the event. The vote could sway in your favor if you have a strong event logo, but the vote should only take the field art in consideration.

Therefore, for the sake of leveling the playing field for participants, do NOT add an event logo.

For purposes of transparency, I have added this criteria in the synopsis. Any participant who has sent me their entry with an event logo may resubmit without the logo, since I should have been clearer before.

Obviously, this is something that can't be done at this point, but could maybe be taken into consideration in any similar contests in the future. I was thinking maybe a fairly generic event logo could have been created and supplied for use by the contestants, just to give another realistic element to work with. Just an idea, which obviously can't be implemented at this point.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Obviously, this is something that can't be done at this point, but could maybe be taken into consideration in any similar contests in the future. I was thinking maybe a fairly generic event logo could have been created and supplied for use by the contestants, just to give another realistic element to work with. Just an idea, which obviously can't be implemented at this point.

Then just slap the logolympiad logo at center court and call it good. That'd be my fix.

Yes, that idea had crossed my mind. But I wanted to organize everything and get the Logolympiad going as soon as possible, so I skipped events where I would need to provide some sort of logo. Obviously, I will take suggestions in account for the next Logolympiad, provided I will be able to prepare everything in more than three weeks.

I was already planning to have a post mortem when the 2011 edition is over, so I'm all for suggestions to make the contest better.

Just design the court as if there isn't an event logo, because, as crazy as it seems, not every event needs a freaking logo (uh, NBA Mexico Games? NFL International Series?)

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The event is now over!

Voting for the event will begin within the next hour.

Archived