Reliant Energy

cajunaggie08

Reliant Energy changed their logo since they have a new parent company. It seems like change for the sake of change. Or perhaps the new parent company just wanting to put their mark on things. Also, the new logo appears softer to me than the previous one. It is probably from the all lower case type.

Old: Reliant_energy_logo.png

New: reliant-new-logo.JPG

The logo change affects the logos around Reliant Stadium as well. It does seem a bit weird to have a logo that is similar in nature to the Steelers logo plastered all over a stadium in Houston.

Old: p3200003.jpg

New: Reliant%20Day.jpg?v=1

That's a massive downgrade. The original logo/wordmark was bold, strong, and rigid. The new one makes me want to buy affordable varieties of fat free yogurt.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I kind of like it, but kind of don't.

It's cliche, following other corporate redesigns to look more "modern" and "friendly". The all-lowercase typeface indicates that. I like it from an aesthetic point of view and it's definitely better than the old Reliant logo, but it's so horribly cliche.

Even the Astrodome is getting the new logo treatment.

254665_10150748931945391_169644590390_19890026_3149060_n.jpg

That is heresy.

spacer.png

I'm surprised that AstroDome is still standing 12 years after the Astros left.

The county owns the stadium and it'll cost $168 million to tear down and remove (according to county officials). It costs just $2 million a year to maintain it now and there are often offers to convert it into a hotel, amusement park, planetarium, movie studio, etc. A conversion was part of our bid for the 2012 Olympics. Currently, no one can use the stadium for any reason as it is condemned.

The county owns the stadium and it'll cost $168 million to tear down and remove (according to county officials). It costs just $2 million a year to maintain it now and there are often offers to convert it into a hotel, amusement park, planetarium, movie studio, etc. A conversion was part of our bid for the 2012 Olympics. Currently, no one can use the stadium for any reason as it is condemned.

It would be the world's most epic planetarium!

Tf9TG.jpg

Guess that's make sense kinda like Montreal Olympic Stadium and I loved the Astrodome.

Still stunned to see that the Astrodome was not face-lifted to be fit for the Texans. It would have been nice to see it go that route and they could have made an almost 40 year old stadium (at that time) look modern. From what I remember there was a large petition to keep it open about 3 years ago or so. Looks like they went the route of keeping it open...

It's funny. The new one is reminiscent of the Steelers, but the old one had a Patriots (and Gillette) kind of vibe to it.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

That's a massive downgrade. The original logo/wordmark was bold, strong, and rigid. The new one makes me want to buy affordable varieties of fat free yogurt.

These were my thoughts exactly when the logo was revealed about six weeks ago during a Texans preseason game.

Archived