Referees Won't Allow Gamecock Wounded Warrior Unis on Field

Cola

So yeah, they were kind of hard to read. (Not my picture, but it shows the issue...)

cn2c.jpg

I'm as big a Gamecock fan as any, and it took me about halfway through the second quarter to realize that they had on the WW helmets and pants, but normal jerseys. I couldn't imagine why that was the case. Looking at the photo above, it's abundantly clear. Oops.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

So yeah, they were kind of hard to read. (Not my picture, but it shows the issue...)

cn2c.jpg

That is legitimately unreadable from a distance, wow. How did they botch it that badly?

A lot of people like to rag on Oregon and the wacky stuff that they do with their numbers, but you can at least read them.

This is why you shouldn't monkey around too much with uniforms, especially numbers.

There's a local high school that had, for road uniforms, yellow numbers with navy blue outline. The navy blue was very faint. Totally unreadable. The athletic director, or whoever decided on those uniforms, was a total idiot.

And by the way, Oregon's numbers aren't always that easy to read, either.

cn2c.jpg

I'm as big a Gamecock fan as any, and it took me about halfway through the second quarter to realize that they had on the WW helmets and pants, but normal jerseys. I couldn't imagine why that was the case. Looking at the photo above, it's abundantly clear. Oops.

Yeah, that photo makes all the difference. At first, looking at the design- I wondered how on Earth they could be "that" invisible. The material used on the numbers probably made a big difference as well.

Archived