NFL uni combos you'd like them to try...

dirwuf

No, it's not. I'll say it 1000 times, helmets cannot be a stand-alone white element. To avoid looking like the equipment manager lost the helmets and slapped decals on a bunch of white helmets, they must be matched with white pants (or a white jersey when wearing darker pants).

If I stared at this picture for hours, I never would have gotten that impression.

I think it looks great.

90758391980.gif

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it's not. I'll say it 1000 times, helmets cannot be a stand-alone white element. To avoid looking like the equipment manager lost the helmets and slapped decals on a bunch of white helmets, they must be matched with white pants (or a white jersey when wearing darker pants).

You're new to this whole opinion thing, aren't you?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Yes, I forgot that you are not allowed to say something looks bad because of the possibility others might disagree with you. :rolleyes:

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If I stared at this picture for hours, I never would have gotten that impression.

I think it looks great.

I am like you I think this looks great together.

spacer.png

Yes, I forgot that you are not allowed to say something looks bad because of the possibility others might disagree with you. :rolleyes:

Well no, it just has to do with the way you say things. There is a huge difference between "I don't like this uniform" and "This is a bad uniform". The former allows for no other opinion to be valid, which makes you come off as arrogant and chauvinistic. You say things like a uniform has to have another white element, not "I don't think uniforms look good when the helmet is the only white element of a uniform". From what I've observed (again, this is just from my observations), it seems that a good uniform is the result of a formula. If this correct?

Plus, even if you must have another white element, why do the shoulders and numbers not count?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Wow great mockups guys. I REALLY like the Eagles silver pants idea. That looks amazing! I remember the Colts and Lions with blue pants. I liked that look, I'd like to see it brought back but with the Colts wearing their standard white shoes not the black they wore in '95 Harbaugh era.

Everyone likes to comment on their favorite teams it seems. So mine is the Packers. Hard uniform to alter, since it's so full of tradition. But what I'd like to see the Pack try are a few things:

1) go back to striped socks. Packers used to wear striped socks, similar to the Bears. I usually play with these socks on in Madden and really like the look.

2) Packers "G" on the sleeves. I know they used to have the G on the sleeves in the late 80s early 90s Majikowski era uniforms. I always thought that was pretty cool.

3) Green or White pants w/ road uniform.

3) Yellow jersey with a green helmet and green pants. I always liked how the Green Bay G looks on a green background on hats.

I think it looks great.

Same. The only thing I would change is the facemask on the helmet. In my ideal scenario, the Chargers wouldn't be wearing navy as anything more than trim at the most, so the navy facemask would look out of place. Make the facemask powder blue or white and it's a winner.

Well no, it just has to do with the way you say things. There is a huge difference between "I don't like this uniform" and "This is a bad uniform". The former allows for no other opinion to be valid, which makes you come off as arrogant and chauvinistic.

It makes him sound sexist? :blink:

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I think it looks great.

Same. The only thing I would change is the facemask on the helmet. In my ideal scenario, the Chargers wouldn't be wearing navy as anything more than trim at the most, so the navy facemask would look out of place. Make the facemask powder blue or white and it's a winner.

Well no, it just has to do with the way you say things. There is a huge difference between "I don't like this uniform" and "This is a bad uniform". The former allows for no other opinion to be valid, which makes you come off as arrogant and chauvinistic.

The word has two meanings. Look it up.

The word has two meanings. Look it up.

1. Militant devotion to and glorification of one's country; fanatical patriotism.

2. Prejudiced belief in the superiority of one's own gender, group, or kind.

So, in other words, it means jingoism, sexism, or racism. I don't see how any of those adjectives apply to TheOldRoman's post.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

If I stared at this picture for hours

B)

Freemanpewter.png

Not my best work, I mean it's patchy. but still, this is the all-pewter look.

P.S. The pink shoes ruin it. Too bad it's for four weeks and not simply one game.

How about Pewter jersey with white numbers and white pants. Maybe also with white pants with a pewter stripe instead of a red stripe.

Archived