NFL uni combos you'd like them to try...

dirwuf

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually really like those black Panthers pants you've mocked up there. I think it'd look great with either the black or white jersey, but part of me especially would love to see a black monochrome.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Eagles away uniform with the silver pants. I'm a die hard 'Skins fan, but I love this look.

How about a Skins gold jersey then? :grin: ...Either on burgundy pants or white.

bah.png

I already had this, but didn't upload it because I was looking for a better picture, one without the pink. I also had to slightly tweak the gold leg stripe and helmet to make it more like the gold I had to use on the jersey.

Not the best mock-up in the world, but still gives you an idea.

P.S. Would this look better with white numbers?

The Browns need to go with orange pants full time

107453_feature_display_image.jpg?1278383979

2485724_display_image.jpg?1290582801

Amen brother!

Please no. The 70's orange pants rank right up there with the Astros retro look. That era of the Browns is probably the most overrated era of all time. The "Kardiac Kids" during that 8yrs of orange pants went 64-67 and had a pathetic 0-2 Playoffs record. If in fact the brown pants are truly overwhelmingly hated, then white pants should be their ONLY option and better fit their rich 65yr history. To me, the Browns in orange pants is equivalent to the Packers wearing green pants....just not meant to be. I'd rather see the Bengals and/or Broncos in orange pants.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Amen brother!

Please no. The 70's orange pants rank right up there with the Astros retro look. That era of the Browns is probably the most overrated era of all time. The "Kardiac Kids" during that 8yrs of orange pants went 64-67 and had a pathetic 0-2 Playoffs record. If in fact the brown pants are truly overwhelmingly hated, then white pants should be their ONLY option and better fit their rich 65yr history. To me, the Browns in orange pants is equivalent to the Packers wearing green pants....just not meant to be. I'd rather see the Bengals and/or Broncos in orange pants.

After I posted this I knew it was a matter of time for you to reply. I know you HATE the orange pants, but the combos look great together. Much better than an orange jersey and brown pants combination or brown jersey - brown pants combo.

spacer.png

Amen brother!

Well, to be honest, the orange pants might their jersey pop more, compared to when they wear their typical white pants and their entire set seems to be missing an element. I grew up when Cleveland did wear the orange pants, and since their helmet is mostly orange, I think it fits them well.

Plus, and this isn't a dig at Cleveland or Browns fans, but it's not like the Browns have won anything since 1964, so you might as well look good, even if you're not that good as a football team.

Amen brother!

After I posted this I knew it was a matter of time for you to reply. I know you HATE the orange pants, but the combos look great together. Much better than an orange jersey and brown pants combination or brown jersey - brown pants combo.

Then it's a matter of agreeing to disagree. Seeing my loved Browns in orange pants just makes me think of the 70's.

0511-1001-0616-2208_70s_Retro_Floral_Background_clipart_image.jpg

No thanks.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Well, to be honest, the orange pants might their jersey pop more, compared to when they wear their typical white pants and their entire set seems to be missing an element. I grew up when Cleveland did wear the orange pants, and since their helmet is mostly orange, I think it fits them well.

Plus, and this isn't a dig at Cleveland or Browns fans, but it's not like the Browns have won anything since 1964, so you might as well look good, even if you're not that good as a football team.

I think they looked great from 1985 to 1995. Plus, they went to 3 AFC Championships during this era. I'd love to see the current Browns go back to this look with the TV numbers on the sleeves (where they belong).

metcalferic.jpg

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I agree 100%, Johnny, but that isn't happening unless Nike either makes team undershirts with the stripes which players could chose to wear (bad) or makes the jerseys with quarter-lenght sleeves out of stretchy material and the NFL outlaws sleeve alteration (good).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I agree 100%, Johnny, but that isn't happening unless Nike either makes team undershirts with the stripes which players could chose to wear (bad) or makes the jerseys with quarter-lenght sleeves out of stretchy material and the NFL outlaws sleeve alteration (good).

They could pull it off. They were not much different from the Redskins and Cheifs of that exact era.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

They could pull it off. They were not much different from the Redskins and Cheifs of that exact era.

There's a big difference between 2/3 stripes and 5. As it is now, the Redskins stripes (which used to be very thick) are reduced to basically a cuff. I don't think five stripes would work on a cuff. Also, many of the Chiefs and Redskins' jerseys leave the cuffs off, anyway. To me, it's better to move the numbers to the shoulders to keep the stripes than to sacrifice the stripes just to keep the sleeve numbers.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

There's a big difference between 2/3 stripes and 5. As it is now, the Redskins stripes (which used to be very thick) are reduced to basically a cuff. I don't think five stripes would work on a cuff. Also, many of the Chiefs and Redskins' jerseys leave the cuffs off, anyway. To me, it's better to move the numbers to the shoulders to keep the stripes than to sacrifice the stripes just to keep the sleeve numbers.

Most of the Browns players during the early 90's wore this style. I've got a poster at home of the defensive line wearing the brown version of this style (I'll take a pic later). It actually looks nice worn. I'd love to see them try this agian. The 5 stripes aren't really all that needed. It's mostly the helmet that is iconic to the Browns.

58252_01_lg.jpg

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Eagles away uniform with the silver pants. I'm a die hard 'Skins fan, but I love this look.

How about a Skins gold jersey then? :grin: ...Either on burgundy pants or white.

bah.png

I already had this, but didn't upload it because I was looking for a better picture, one without the pink. I also had to slightly tweak the gold leg stripe and helmet to make it more like the gold I had to use on the jersey.

Not the best mock-up in the world, but still gives you an idea.

P.S. Would this look better with white numbers?

Maybe a white outline on the burgundy numbers... and I would get rid of the gold stripe on the sleeves, and make them white.

90758391980.gif

Amen brother!

Then it's a matter of agreeing to disagree. Seeing my loved Browns in orange pants just makes me think of the 70's

No thanks.

Well considering the first year I was pulling for the Browns was 1978, I have fond memory of the old Browns. Besides it should be all irrelevant since they original Browns no longer exist. I know they have the records and the uniforms, but they are not the same team. So instead of honoring the history of the Browns by wearing all white, how about build a new history from scratch and alternating the Brown, Orange, and White pants each game?

spacer.png

Add me to the list that thinks the Browns need to

1) go back to white facemask

2) bring back orange pants (even as alternate pants). While I am a fan of the white pants, I just think the orange pants look good, and actually look better than the brown pants.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Add me to the list that thinks the Browns need to

1) go back to white facemask

2) bring back orange pants (even as alternate pants). While I am a fan of the white pants, I just think the orange pants look good, and actually look better than the brown pants.

A white facemask would look so much better.

spacer.png

Archived