NFL uni combos you'd like them to try...

dirwuf

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eagles away uniform with the silver pants. I'm a die hard 'Skins fan, but I love this look.

How about a Skins gold jersey then? :grin: ...Either on burgundy pants or white.

bah.png

I already had this, but didn't upload it because I was looking for a better picture, one without the pink. I also had to slightly tweak the gold leg stripe and helmet to make it more like the gold I had to use on the jersey.

Not the best mock-up in the world, but still gives you an idea.

P.S. Would this look better with white numbers?

Never was a fan of the yellow/gold jersey in football. Works for the Lakers but have never seen a yellow/gold football jersey that looked good in the full uni environment.

Here's a few more combo's

New York Giants

current helmet/80's home jersey/80's white pants/alternate red socks

IMG_9580.jpg

Seattle Seahawks

classic helmet/alternate green jersey/classic silver pants/current navy socks

IMG_8980.jpg

Pittsburgh Steelers

current helmet/current home jersey/throwback white pants/retro black striped socks

IMG_5523.jpg

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

TheOldRoman,

Here's their home version from that era (I posted the white version on pg 12). As you can see, the 5-stripes are not really needed for the Browns to look like the Browns. Just like these uniforms, the current stretch uniforms would be able to recreate the Browns numbers on the sleeves. I loved this look back in the day and wish the Browns would go back to this.

old_dawgs.png

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Also, the white facemask is SO much better than the gray facemask.

Thank you! I feel the same way! When the Browns were reintroduced in 1999 id play NFL Blitz with them because I loved the way they looked. Orange helmet, the nice brown jersey they had that looked brown not the weird brown almost black jersey they have now, white pants, and brown socks. They need to go back to that look.

raiders-2.png

Hey Johnny, you mind posting:

? (Bills) 90s helmet/current home uni/white shoes

? (Dolphins) orange alt uni but with aqua socks/white socks

? (Lions) current helmet/throwback jersey/current pants/long blue socks/black shoes

? (Vikings) current helmet/throwback jersey and pants/current socks/white shoes

I know I'm asking for a lot, but hey, I'm a uniform enthusiast after all.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Forgive me if any of these have been mentioned before:

Never-been-worn combinations with existing uniform elements

Titans: Light blue jersey/white pants - This is only because it has never happened before. Couple that with the fact that pretty much every other combination you can think of between the three jerseys and three pants has been used before, it's a little maddening that this combo is not being used.

Broncos: Orange jersey/blue pants OR white jersey/blue pants - I know there's an issue with mismatching side panels and pants stripes, but who knows? It may not look that bad after all.

Jags: Teal jerseys/black pants - It looked really good when they did it with the old uniform set, and now since Wayne Weaver went back on his word about only going Teal/white and white/black by having the Jags wear all white in the season opener, this wouldn't be a bad idea.

Texans: Red jersey/blue pants - For curiosity's sake.

Rarely-worn or no-longer-worn combinations I wish would be worn more often:

Falcons: Black pants with both jerseys - It just looked good.

Seahawks: Blue jerseys/white pants - The decision to wear monochrome blue was made by the players on the 2002 team. Is it really still the consensus today? Then again, aren't they getting a new look next year? If so, then this is immaterial.

Uniform elements that don't exist but should:

Bills: Blue pants - I know they MIGHT exist, but I want to see them on the field.

Colts: Blue pants - Am I the only one who thinks they looked good that one year they used them?

Panthers: Black pants - I remember a photoshopped photo on here of a Panthers player wearing the blue jersey with black pants, and it looked amazing.

Add me to the list that thinks the Browns need to

1) go back to white facemask

2) bring back orange pants (even as alternate pants). While I am a fan of the white pants, I just think the orange pants look good, and actually look better than the brown pants.

Agreed with all of this, especially the bolded part. The Browns dumping the orange pants in favor of plain brown pants was one of the biggest downgrades in recent memory.

Broncos: Orange jersey/blue pants OR white jersey/blue pants - I know there's an issue with mismatching side panels and pants stripes, but who knows? It may not look that bad after all.

I have yet to see any uniform, much less the Broncos, look good when the side panel and pants stripes were mismatched. It just doesn't work. Happened all the time in the college ranks, and it was bad.

2) bring back orange pants (even as alternate pants). While I am a fan of the white pants, I just think the orange pants look good, and actually look better than the brown pants.

Agreed with all of this, especially the bolded part. The Browns dumping the orange pants in favor of plain brown pants was one of the biggest downgrades in recent memory.

And I don't think the brown pants could be helped with stripes or anything. They just weren't as good as the orange.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Colts: Blue pants - Am I the only one who thinks they looked good that one year they used them?

Panthers: Black pants - I remember a photoshopped photo on here of a Panthers player wearing the blue jersey with black pants, and it looked amazing.

i had mentioned blue pants for Indy. with their current blue i think it would be even better than what they had in the 90s. as for the Panthers, maybe this? :)

hd_17af75f5ac0aab0a2cbfc60c7bb59e03.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The Browns dumping the orange pants in favor of plain brown pants was one of the biggest downgrades in recent memory.

???? The Browns dumped their 70's pants in 1983 and the brown pants appeared in 2006. That's a 23yr gap. I wouldn't call that dumping one for the other. Yes, the orange pants reappeared here and there after 1999 as the NEW Browns desperately searched for an identity, but they never caught on. The orange pants only existed from 1975-1983....that's the era they belonged and properly died in. Only the 1984 uniforms were worse.

Give me the 1985-1995 Browns uni's anyday!!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

???? The Browns dumped their 70's pants in 1983 and the brown pants appeared in 2006. That's a 23yr gap. I wouldn't call that dumping one for the other. Yes, the orange pants reappeared here and there after 1999 as the NEW Browns desperately searched for an identity, but they never caught on. The orange pants only existed from 1975-1983....that's the era they belonged and properly died in. Only the 1984 uniforms were worse.

I believe TFoA and I were talking dumping the orange pants in 2003 for brown pants in 2006. Considering white pants were the only constant in between, seems like they dumped orange for brown.

Can't argue with you that '84 unis were terrible. 1985-1995 unis (though the switch in sleeve stripes as has been pointed out) are good too. I just really liked the orange pants in 2003 for some reason.

Didn't mind the 2004-05 brown-orange-brown pants stripe either.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I believe TFoA and I were talking dumping the orange pants in 2003 for brown pants in 2006. Considering white pants were the only constant in between, seems like they dumped orange for brown.

That's pretty much it. It's funnier considering that the change somewhat coincided with the Browns going back to the grey facemask. Funny how a few tweaks can turn a uniform from "great" to "good."

Can't argue with you that '84 unis were terrible. 1985-1995 unis (though the switch in sleeve stripes as has been pointed out) are good too. I just really liked the orange pants in 2003 for some reason.

Didn't mind the 2004-05 brown-orange-brown pants stripe either.

Fair enough.

I guess the bottom line is that the new Browns need to find a freakin' identity and stick with it.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Archived