Philly Firebirds Identity Concept

Avenger

I'd use the alternate as the primary logo, and as the dark jersey...

The flames as dual wings works with the name, and the red suits the logo better...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I like the logo set a lot! The red jersey also does it for me. The word mark could use some dimension or something (my designs always have the same problem, so please don't take it the wrong way). I think that is all you lack from having a truly superb identity package here.

Well done!

Also, I know you hockey purists will lambaste me for this one, but what about a jersey in that light tan color? Just curious what it might look like as an alt.

What about using the basic idea of the current primary, but use two wings instead of one? I really like the way the alt logo looks with two wings, but wouldn't want to use it with the "PF" in front of it for a primary. Oh, that, and a red primary jersey, for sure. They're the Firebirds, after all.

Otherwise, this is excellent work. And, I think the wordmark is perfect as-is.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The entire package is excellent.

I think that uniform looks fantastic. The striping is simple, and the colours give it a modern look.

On the primary logo, it looks to me like the wing is a little off. Maybe it could be moved to the left a bit, or enlarged so the wingtip is level with the top of the eagle's head.

This is definitely the best thing I've seen in the short time I've been here. :notworthy:

I love it! I don't care what anyone says, stick with that first primary logo. The one with two wing flames doesn't look as good. This is very amazing work my friend! Great job! Best stuff I have seen from you. Keep up the amazing work. The colors, the primary, the wordmark, everything looks amazing!

Absolutely amazing avenger... I've always admired your work and this is no exception at all.

One small thing I would do on the jersey (and I'm being REALLY picky here) is to lose the pants stripe. I would keep the Liberty Bell logo though. Just a suggestion.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Very nice. Like some others have said, I think a red home jersey looks better. My favorite thing about the jerseys is the consistancy, so you might invert the red and blue on the white to maintain that if the red(with the logo from the current blue and white unis) is made the home.

The PF shoulder logo I find kind of unnecessary and plain. It isn't really descriptive of Philadephia or Firebirds. I wouldn't use it on the uniforms. It's well made, but I see no need for it as a stand alone logo. It's alright with the 3rd jersey logo, but by itself it's kind of lacking.

Additionally, I don't care for the liberty bell under the back of the neck. Leave that stuff for basketball. What would be killer would be if you could somehow make the liberty bell logo have some sort of connection to the name Firebirds. I don't really now how to do this. First thing that comes to mind is the fire wings attached to the bell, but then all three logos would have the firey wings. Hmmm...I dunno. Then, put that(whatever 'that' turns out to be) on the shoulders in place of the PF and on the pants, but nothing on the back of the neck, you've got something great. In my opinion, on the blue and white uniforms you've got a fantastic logo and two sub-par ones(The PF and the Bell). Knowing your work, you can make it two fantastic logos on each of those jerseys.

Awesome work.

I'm really impressed by this, Keith. One question about the gold you have there. Would that be a metallic or "shimmer-sheen" gold on the uniforms, I think that would really make it stand out. The primary is awesome, and I love the Avalanche effects you gave the fireball ;) Excellent wordmark you have there too.

Awesome work as always, Mr. Laubhan ;)

BTW, is that for the rumored resurrection of the DMSL?  If so, I really have to get back in the loop...

Nope, Jimmy.... this is a request by JamesCraven on these boards.

Hope you're doing well, man. :)

I'm really impressed by this, Keith. One question about the gold you have there. Would that be a metallic or "shimmer-sheen" gold on the uniforms, I think that would really make it stand out. The primary is awesome, and I love the Avalanche effects you gave the fireball  Excellent wordmark you have there too.

Thanks for the comments, Kenny. James requested vegas gold, so it would be the same pale metallic that the Penguins use... and you're right about the "Avalanche effects"... It wasn't intentional, but it does look kinda like what they've got going on.

Hey, this is some really nice stuff. Everything ties in really well together. The jerseys are fantastic (althought I really do like the red better for the home jersey). I don't really have any major criticsms with this work.

Archived