Best Looking Fields in NFL or NCAA

nuordr

But then there is Good Ol' Rocky Top ...

checkerboard_endzone.jpg

Doesn't get much better

Always have loved this, but what bothers me is that the end zone squares don't go all the way to the end lines. I never understood that. you see that sometimes in bowl games too. If any anyone can explain this to me that'd be awesome

White boxes touching white endzone lines = no more lines

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

boise-state-blue-field.jpg

THE BEST EVER B)

Beat me to it! B)

In all seriousness, the blue turf is the only field I have a strong opinion on... and I love it. I've never had a problem watching a game on it on TV.

Lights Out, I know your a big Boise guy, so what do you think of it with that terrible new Mountain West logo though? It literally ruins the field for me.

90758391980.gif

checkerboard_endzone.jpg

Doesn't get much better

Always have loved this, but what bothers me is that the end zone squares don't go all the way to the end lines. I never understood that. you see that sometimes in bowl games too. If any anyone can explain this to me that'd be awesome

NCAA rules say no white touching lines.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Lights Out, I know your a big Boise guy, so what do you think of it with that terrible new Mountain West logo though? It literally ruins the field for me.

It looks pretty ugly. Firstly, it's TCU purple. They might as well have made it Idaho gold and black. Secondly, it sticks out like a sore thumb. Why can't the logo be rendered in school colors on each member's field?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

To me, most NFL field designs are pretty cookie-cutter. There is nothing to them, really - end zone design, mid-field logo, maybe grass patterns. However, one field that I really hate is this:

Bank_of_America.jpg

I'm not sure if this is their current design, but I have never liked the NFL logo at mid-field. It's like Carolina is trying to remind their fan base that they are, in fact, an NFL team.

The end zones are also a bit cluttered, what with the messy "Panthers" wordmark, the helmet, and the NFC logo. This looks exactly like Chicago's end zones (which I can accept because the shoddy Soldier Field turf overshadows any flaw in graphical design). :P

I was just going to mention the Panthers. I hate how the NFL logo is at midfield. They need to put their primary at midfield. Also, from post one, I love the Bengals endzone and yes...the Heinz Field is the WORST!

CHIEFS - BLUE JACKETS - CARDINALS

checkerboard_endzone.jpg

Doesn't get much better

Yeah it's not so much a problem for the actual goal line since you just need to break the plane of the beginning of the white, but it'd make it really tough to judge out-of-bounds on the side and end lines.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

checkerboard_endzone.jpg

Doesn't get much better

Yeah it's not so much a problem for the actual goal line since you just need to break the plane of the beginning of the white, but it'd make it really tough to judge out-of-bounds on the side and end lines.

Thats so obvious now that i think about it! thank you very much

Can't find a picture really of it. But always loved the 49ers playoff field. They paint the endzone red and had red trim around the yard numbers. But since the 49ers haven't been in the playoffs forever its hard to find any pictures of it since that's the only time they do it.

Hard to see red trim on numbersimg_22946_1983-nfc-divisional-playoffs-detroit-lions-at-san-francisco-49ers-pt-4-of-6.jpg example of endzone even though it's a superbowl moment2.jpg

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

best:

Arizona State vs. USC, 2005 (couldn't find a better image, though there are youtube videos available).

81453756.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5482C24B948DF4BC3D691D34B1F908FD5A0F2494C2D375B1620

worst:

Cal. Font doesn't match anything else the university wears, and while the blue is better than the dark blue helmet and jerseys, it bothers me it doesn't match.

CaliforniaMemorialStadium.jpg

hookembuckyvi4.jpg

Worst

1. Pittsburgh Steelers - No logo at mid-field, lines in one endzone just makes this a mess for a NFL team. I understand a lot of it is because of PITT playing there, but they could fix up the field between Saturday and Sunday.

Heinz_Field02.jpg

I'd rather see both end zones use "Pittsburgh" or both using the slashes. It looks too "unbalanced" to me the way it is.

To me, most NFL field designs are pretty cookie-cutter. There is nothing to them, really - end zone design, mid-field logo, maybe grass patterns. However, one field that I really hate is this:

Bank_of_America.jpg

I'm not sure if this is their current design, but I have never liked the NFL logo at mid-field. It's like Carolina is trying to remind their fan base that they are, in fact, an NFL team.

The end zones are also a bit cluttered, what with the messy "Panthers" wordmark, the helmet, and the NFC logo. This looks exactly like Chicago's end zones (which I can accept because the shoddy Soldier Field turf overshadows any flaw in graphical design). :P

I was just going to mention the Panthers. I hate how the NFL logo is at midfield. They need to put their primary at midfield. Also, from post one, I love the Bengals endzone and yes...the Heinz Field is the WORST!

I recall reading somewhere that the black pant used for the Panther logo kills the grass, probably by blocking a good amount of sunlight from reaching the grass. I wouldn't want a huge dead spot in the middle of my field either, so I'm cool with the NFL shield.

That being said, the rest of the design does suck.

I am struggling finding a picture, but during Super Bowl XXXIII (Den vs. ATL), I really wish the Falcons used their end zone design for their actual field. That red with the font was something that we haven't seen around since.

And silver endzone... I like that even though the font isn't all that

SeattleKingdome.jpg

Go A's!

Archived