Best Looking Fields in NFL or NCAA

nuordr

Best: BC Lions

IMG_4782_sm.jpg

I know it's the CFL, but I like the simplicity of the new field at the new BC Place Stadium. Just a massive expanse of green that would swallow any US stadium's field.

Worst: Oakland Raiders

raiders+016.jpg

The poor Oakland... er excuse me, O.co Coliseum. Nothing worse than a football field with a baseball diamond shadow on it. Even worse during the preseason and early season when they don't even cover the baseball diamond and the dirt is showing. And then to add insult to injury they make the A's field equally bad in the late baseball season...

oaklandcoliseum.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst: Oakland Raiders

raiders+016.jpg

The poor Oakland... er excuse me, O.co Coliseum. Nothing worse than a football field with a baseball diamond shadow on it. Even worse during the preseason and early season when they don't even cover the baseball diamond and the dirt is showing. And then to add insult to injury they make the A's field equally bad in the late baseball season...

I think the combination of silver and black make this look like a nice field. Teams like Oakland cannot help that they have to share a stadium due to the cost of building football only stadiums in California.

spacer.png

I love colored endzones and am thrilled the Bills have it colored.

I love things other than the wordmark in there too. They look too plain with just the team name.

>>>>

I agree with you ...

Had they put the AFC & perhaps the NFL logo on both ends it would have been better, but still much better than the old green end-zones.

I think the midfield logo would have looked better if they had the charging Bison angled upward like it is in my avatar and on the new white helmets. It's too level for my liking ...

ralph_newturf-1.jpg

I have to re-recommend Roos Field in Cheney.

MontanaPanaramicWeb1.jpg

Pictures don't really do it justice. In the stadium, in the sun, it's frickin' gorgeous. Not just the red turf, but the black endzones and sidelines and the great black-and-white logo at midfield. It does get a little funny looking as the game wears on, since the sand stuff is black and gets kicked up, but quickly gets pretty again when they brush it back in. The endzones also heat up pretty bad, but the heat coming off of them only lends to the legend of The Inferno. ;)

5009960136_97fb642ef9_z1.jpg

3186485477_d5b9a2d101.jpg

That looks like crap. THey would only do that after a college game for which they painted the teams' names on the field. That color block is just to cover up the other letters. The Eagles do this after the Army/Navy game. They should either not put the other teams' names on the field or paint the entire endzone afterwards.

hopefully TSU playing at LP Field won't be an issue anymore.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20111006/NEWS01/111006016/TSU-family-to-vote-on-return-to-Hale-Stadium-s-The-Hole--

Best:

EaglesTexasStadium_vlg.jpg

Ahh, I wish the Cowboys would use that color green now. I hate dark green turf.

Worst:

Cowboys%20Stadium.jpg

I love my Cowboys, but I hate their turf color. So gross. I like the Dark Blue Endzones, but I hate the color of the turf. Why Jerry, why?

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Best:

Worst:

Cowboys%20Stadium.jpg

I love my Cowboys, but I hate their turf color. So gross. I like the Dark Blue Endzones, but I hate the color of the turf. Why Jerry, why?

I do agree that the old field looks better, thanks to the use of royal blue over navy, but I'm not really seeing the big difference in the turf color. They both look like a pretty standard "grass green" to me.

Best:

Worst:

Cowboys%20Stadium.jpg

I do agree that the old field looks better, thanks to the use of royal blue over navy, but I'm not really seeing the big difference in the turf color. They both look like a pretty standard "grass green" to me.

Probably has alot to do with lighting and age. Since Texas Stadium had an open hole, the sun beat down on it more and slightly faded it over time.

In that 1st photo, the natural light comes from overhead. In Cowboys Stadium, there is no overhead natural light, rather from bulbs.

Best:

Worst:

Cowboys%20Stadium.jpg

Really? I think this field looks good and that is saying something because I hate the boys, however, you guys probably miss the old style and after having it the old way for so long, I can understand why you don't like the switch.

spacer.png

I have to re-recommend Roos Field in Cheney.

MontanaPanaramicWeb1.jpg

Pictures don't really do it justice. In the stadium, in the sun, it's frickin' gorgeous. Not just the red turf, but the black endzones and sidelines and the great black-and-white logo at midfield. It does get a little funny looking as the game wears on, since the sand stuff is black and gets kicked up, but quickly gets pretty again when they brush it back in. The endzones also heat up pretty bad, but the heat coming off of them only lends to the legend of The Inferno. ;)

5009960136_97fb642ef9_z1.jpg

Don't know why but that field is very unsettling when looking at it. Maybe it's because it's so bright but there is just something about it that rubs me the wrong way besides the obvious abomination of being "not green."

I personally really liked the yellow diamond design USC used--thought it was unique

laaerial.jpg

I also LOVED when the Jags used to dress up its midfield logo with a Santa hat for the holidays--I think there was a thread about this awhile back but nobody could produce an image, only a YouTube vid.

Worst:

Cowboys%20Stadium.jpg

Is it my TV? The endzone to the right (on tv, on bottom in the pic) seems to have a darker blue paint across the back, above the helmets and wordmark (beneath them in the photo).

It's like they painted that back section, filled in the designs, and hand painted in between the letters etc, and it didn't match.

Can't really see it above, but that pic is probably not from this season.

sig-1.png

Archived