Best Looking Fields in NFL or NCAA

nuordr

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im saying the cowboys should use grass. Theyve used grass at cowboys stadium for futbol matches.

Gotcha. It does look good with the grass, but the upkeep for natural grass is more expensive then artificial turf.

spacer.png

The current Cowboys' field looks too dark. It looked terrible during the Super Bowl, in particular (and yes, I know it was a different field). The green being so dark may be part of the reason why all the field graphics looked faint and faded.

This. He's exactly right.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

here's what shields-watkins field looked like for the buffalo game and will probably look like for the uga game.

Krwlu.jpg

RUw5W.jpg

When I went to high school we had grass and our colors and uniforms copied that of the vols (with the exception of LP in place of the T). During every game we had a plain field except on homecoming or a big district match up when we would come out and see the orange and white checkerboard in the zones...it always pumped us up. My senior year they did orange and white checkerboard parallelograms with a huge circle with our interlocked LP primary helmet logo in the middle...it looked great

Im saying the cowboys should use grass. Theyve used grass at cowboys stadium for futbol matches.

Gotcha. It does look good with the grass, but the upkeep for natural grass is more expensive then artificial turf.

The stadium cost $1.5B...I'm sure they can afford a lawn mower or two.

here's what shields-watkins field looked like for the buffalo game and will probably look like for the uga game.

Krwlu.jpg

RUw5W.jpg

When I went to high school we had grass and our colors and uniforms copied that of the vols (with the exception of LP in place of the T). During every game we had a plain field except on homecoming or a big district match up when we would come out and see the orange and white checkerboard in the zones...it always pumped us up. My senior year they did orange and white checkerboard parallelograms with a huge circle with our interlocked LP primary helmet logo in the middle...it looked great

LaPorte Bulldogs?

>>>>>>

EXACTLY what I was gonna say.

Houston has a retractable roof and they successfully use natural grass .... so should the Cowboys at Jerry-world.

>>>>>>

EXACTLY what I was gonna say.

Houston has a retractable roof and they successfully use natural grass .... so should the Cowboys at Jerry-world.

There is more to it. Depending on the stadium, the field might not get enough light for grass to grow. This was the case with Gillette Stadium, as the high upper deck blocked the grass from getting enough sunlight. With as massive as Cowboy Stadium is and as relatively small as the roof opening is, I wouldn't be shocked if the field couldn't get sufficient light to grow grass.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

But then there is Good Ol' Rocky Top ...

checkerboard_endzone.jpg

Doesn't get much better

Always have loved this, but what bothers me is that the end zone squares don't go all the way to the end lines. I never understood that. you see that sometimes in bowl games too. If any anyone can explain this to me that'd be awesome

I think theres an NCAA rule saying you need a few yards or blank space to no mess with the out of bounds lines

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Krwlu.jpg

RUw5W.jpg

Would you have any photos, i have always wondered how many schools paint there logos still, i only know of one in my area and they only do mid field

#RaiderUp

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Would you have any photos, i have always wondered how many schools paint there logos still, i only know of one in my area and they only do mid field

Here are a few pictures of Lexington Catholic. Now granted they are not great pictures, but you can see that the endzones are painted.

100_5738a-1024x283.jpg100_5378.jpg

spacer.png

best:

Arizona State vs. USC, 2005 (couldn't find a better image, though there are youtube videos available).

81453756.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5482C24B948DF4BC3D691D34B1F908FD5A0F2494C2D375B1620

What?? How did I miss this, that looks incredible, ASU has done some cool things with there field. I remember the Sun Devil with a Turkey on a thanksgiving game and they did some neat stuff with LSU after Katrina

#RaiderUp

Here are a few pictures of Lexington Catholic. Now granted they are not great pictures, but you can see that the endzones are painted.

100_5563a-1024x406.jpg182663.jpg

100_5738a-1024x283.jpg100_5378.jpg

I meant on grass, logos are turf are pretty much standard....but on that one image theres brown spots, do they play baseball there to??

#RaiderUp

But then there is Good Ol' Rocky Top ...

checkerboard_endzone.jpg

Doesn't get much better

Always have loved this, but what bothers me is that the end zone squares don't go all the way to the end lines. I never understood that. you see that sometimes in bowl games too. If any anyone can explain this to me that'd be awesome

There was an orange border around the checkerboard until we replaced the astroturf in 1993.

shuler.jpg

Better seen here:

I really like this field especially with the Giants outlined in Pink, but that NFL logo at midfield lowers this to one of the worst in the league.

*pic removed due to size*

I don't mind the NFL logo at midfield for the Giants and Jets. They share a stadium, so I like that the centre field logo is neutral.

Archived