Best Looking Fields in NFL or NCAA

nuordr

Im saying the cowboys should use grass. Theyve used grass at cowboys stadium for futbol matches.

Gotcha. It does look good with the grass, but the upkeep for natural grass is more expensive then artificial turf.

The stadium cost $1.5B...I'm sure they can afford a lawn mower or two.

>>>>>>

EXACTLY what I was gonna say.

Houston has a retractable roof and they successfully use natural grass .... so should the Cowboys at Jerry-world.

The grass at Reliant sits on a series of removable trays. After each sunday, the trays are removed from the stadium and placed outside to regrow. Even with the retractable roof, direct sunlight hits less than half the field. There is no way grass could grow inside of the stadium on its own. Cowboys Stadium could have natural grass if they were willing to remove it each weekend so that it could get light. But that takes way more time and money than rolling out a rug. University of Phoenix Stadium has natural grass as well, but their entire field retacts under the stadium to go outside during the week to soak up the rays.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you have any photos, i have always wondered how many schools paint there logos still, i only know of one in my area and they only do mid field

My old High School paints their field for every home game. I will post a pic after this Friday's game

raiders-2.png

Im saying the cowboys should use grass. Theyve used grass at cowboys stadium for futbol matches.

Gotcha. It does look good with the grass, but the upkeep for natural grass is more expensive then artificial turf.

The stadium cost $1.5B...I'm sure they can afford a lawn mower or two.

>>>>>>

EXACTLY what I was gonna say.

Houston has a retractable roof and they successfully use natural grass .... so should the Cowboys at Jerry-world.

The grass at Reliant sits on a series of removable trays. After each sunday, the trays are removed from the stadium and placed outside to regrow. Even with the retractable roof, direct sunlight hits less than half the field. There is no way grass could grow inside of the stadium on its own. Cowboys Stadium could have natural grass if they were willing to remove it each weekend so that it could get light. But that takes way more time and money than rolling out a rug. University of Phoenix Stadium has natural grass as well, but their entire field retacts under the stadium to go outside during the week to soak up the rays.

If you are interested, here is a time-lapsed video of the University of Phoenix Stadium grass being re-sodded. It takes 4 days to go through the process with a retractable field. Just imagine the process on a regular surface.

spacer.png

After watching the game last night I thought about the endzone design that the Lions have. Their current endzone

national-football-league-nfc-detroit-lions-ford-field-nfl-nfc-dlion-00085md.jpg

and their last design:

Stadium%20from%20the%20endzone%20at%20field%20level.jpg

to determine that either field would look okay if the stadium walls had more designs on them instead of the standard brown colored walls. Overall, I like the Lions updated field, but the stadium needs more blue on the walls.

spacer.png

Apogee Stadium, the new home of the North Texas Mean Green, has a bit of alternating greens on the field. I like the bkack trim as well.

VEN_0125.jpg

VEN_0129.jpg

I've got to get back to my alma mater and see a game there...what a change from all of the years they played at Fouts Field - it was already dump in the early '80s when I attended North Texas.

After watching the game last night I thought about the endzone design that the Lions have. Their current endzone

national-football-league-nfc-detroit-lions-ford-field-nfl-nfc-dlion-00085md.jpg

and their last design:

Stadium%20from%20the%20endzone%20at%20field%20level.jpg

to determine that either field would look okay if the stadium walls had more designs on them instead of the standard brown colored walls. Overall, I like the Lions updated field, but the stadium needs more blue on the walls.

The brown sideline walls are actually brick, while the endzones are the same shade as the brick, just padded. They really go along with the overall scheme of the stadium.

I don't have a picture but the endzone that always sticks out to me is the one Arizona State used a few years ago with the closeup of Sparky.

48495329_b84a344546.jpg

48495188_37842688f2_b.jpg

That's it!

I'm assuming the cardinals had the same groundskeeper as asu when they played at the stadium as they both had amazing end zone designs for a 4-5 year stretch...I don't understand why more teams don't get more creative

Archived