Best Looking Fields in NFL or NCAA

nuordr

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgia really needs to go back to the look of old. This year's bland rounded endzone letters that take up half of the given space aren't cutting it. The matching rounded yard markers are bad too. No more Georgia "G" goalline markers, either. Go back to the big white block endzone lettering that spans the entire endzone with the red drop shadow. Give me the yard markers of yesteryear. And give me the Georgia "G" goalline marker. And throw in the red sideline paint too, while I'm complaining.

New:

6224647844_5bedbff132_b.jpg

Older: The most recent was very similar, but featured an outlined block font, not drop shadow. This one pictured is the best, IMO. THIS is Georgia football.

63043822_80d71b254e_b.jpg

LSU is my fav mainly BECAUSE of the numbering of the yard lines at 5-yard intervals. Also, the tiger eye logo is one of the best on-field logos ever. I actually liked it more when it was off-centered from the 50. Sadly, though, I can't find a pic of it.

Here are a few rare looks at the field in Tiger Stadium:

New_Orleans_Saints_at_Tiger_Stadium.jpg

image001.jpg

LSU-Tiger-Stadium-Snow-08.jpg

BYRYYEXWNFKBXUA.20100329211453.jpg?SPSID=27815&SPID=2164&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=5200

28546939c8228eca9173fb5.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

Georgia really needs to go back to the look of old. This year's bland rounded endzone letters that take up half of the given space aren't cutting it. The matching rounded yard markers are bad too. No more Georgia "G" goalline markers, either. Go back to the big white block endzone lettering that spans the entire endzone with the red drop shadow. Give me the yard markers of yesteryear. And give me the Georgia "G" goalline marker. And throw in the red sideline paint too, while I'm complaining.

New:

6224647844_5bedbff132_b.jpg

Older: The most recent was very similar, but featured an outlined block font, not drop shadow. This one pictured is the best, IMO. THIS is Georgia football.

63043822_80d71b254e_b.jpg

AGREE, the older one was miles better that the new

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Apogee Stadium, the new home of the North Texas Mean Green, has a bit of alternating greens on the field. I like the bkack trim as well.

VEN_0125.jpg

VEN_0129.jpg

I've got to get back to my alma mater and see a game there...what a change from all of the years they played at Fouts Field - it was already dump in the early '80s when I attended North Texas.

Which means it was even worse when i attended in the early 90s. it was a S-Hole, no doubt.

i haven't been to the new stadium yet but from everything i hear, the PA volume level is the only thing of concern at the moment. i understand it is unbarably loud during pre-game. Everything else is getting rave reviews.

Am I missing something? Why is the Cal/USC game tonight being played in San Francisco at AT&T Park? Also, I noticed that during one of the bowl games at this location last year, both teams had to use the same sideline, but yet Cal and USC are on opposite sides tonight. What gives?

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Am I missing something? Why is the Cal/USC game tonight being played in San Francisco at AT&T Park? Also, I noticed that during one of the bowl games at this location last year, both teams had to use the same sideline, but yet Cal and USC are on opposite sides tonight. What gives?

Cal's stadium is being renovated, they're playing at Pac Bell all season. Seems to me that playing at Candlestick woulda been sufficient, but aw well... No idea about your second Q though.

90758391980.gif

Anyone think Kevin W. woulda selected Arizona's field as his fave? I think that's more of a sure thing than the sun coming up tomorrow.

Where is that guy? I have not seen him on here in a long long time!

spacer.png

Cal's stadium is being renovated, they're playing at Pac Bell all season. Seems to me that playing at Candlestick woulda been sufficient, but aw well... No idea about your second Q though.

They (Cal and the Giants) agreed to adjust the field alignment to allow for team on opposite sidelines.

ATT Park was chosen because it is was not going to have multiple tenants that O.co Coliseum would have in September and it's more accessible than Candlestick from the East Bay (just a BART ride to Embarcadero and MUNI fare or just walk). Plus, Candlestick is essentially on the border of San Francisco and San Mateo Counties...Stanford territory.

Anyone think Kevin W. woulda selected Arizona's field as his fave? I think that's more of a sure thing than the sun coming up tomorrow.

Where is that guy? I have not seen him on here in a long long time!

Word on the street is that guy got banned... and by that I mean there is post saying that in the Forum Announcements forum. Guess he pushed too many buttons.

90758391980.gif

As for your second question, during the bowl game they host there they put both teams on the same side because if they put a bench on the "3rd base line" it would block a good chunk of the expensive seats down low. They didn't have that option during a regular season game while Cal is using it and had to suck it up and block the view.

As for Candlestick, I think they had issues with its location and size. That and if I'm remembering correctly there were issues with how much it would cost to rent.

Archived