Best Looking Fields in NFL or NCAA

nuordr

Am I missing something? Why is the Cal/USC game tonight being played in San Francisco at AT&T Park? Also, I noticed that during one of the bowl games at this location last year, both teams had to use the same sideline, but yet Cal and USC are on opposite sides tonight. What gives?

As for your second question, during the bowl game they host there they put both teams on the same side because if they put a bench on the "3rd base line" it would block a good chunk of the expensive seats down low. They didn't have that option during a regular season game while Cal is using it and had to suck it up and block the view.

As for Candlestick, I think they had issues with its location and size. That and if I'm remembering correctly there were issues with how much it would cost to rent.

Rent did not really matter since liquor sales would offset some of the game revenue and rent. Costs for transportation did. MUNI (the SF city/county transit authority) would charge CAL for buses to/from Candlestick as public transporation sis not available to the stadium unless on event days. Parking in Berkeley is as minimal as any FBS school.

The Fresno State game was set up by a promoter who was responsible for the expenses of special MUNI buses and SF Police staffing.

Tonight, a student could just use his/her BART card to get from Berkeley to The City (Embarcadero Station) and walk to the game and back. No special transportation needed. for the student body.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My teams' is the best.

That's what we're doing, right? <_<

And? I browse this thread to see interesting field art. I don't care why people post the fields they do, just that I get to see them. I suspect I'm not the only one who feels this way. No need to get upset over it.

aubfootball1.jpg

^ My school's field.

It's admittedly pretty boring. I like the orange outline. But I'd like to see what we can do with some color in the end zones.

However, our grass is always very clean and has the diagonal shade alternation. You can even see it in that photo. And I am quite fond of our wordmark.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

My teams' is the best.

That's what we're doing, right? <_<

And? I browse this thread to see interesting field art. I don't care why people post the fields they do, just that I get to see them. I suspect I'm not the only one who feels this way. No need to get upset over it.

My point was that people were starting to not post that ^, but rather just their favorite teams' field, most of which are none too special. That is all.

I don't see why "interesting field art" and "people posting their favourite team's field" have to be mutually exclusive.

Personally I don't get the opportunity to see much NCAA football, so seeing past and present NCAA fields is pretty interesting.

I guess I'm just a tad tired of the old stock "oh great people are just posting things that relate to their favourite team" response that people make in these threads.

aubfootball1.jpg

^ My school's field.

It's admittedly pretty boring. I like the orange outline. But I'd like to see what we can do with some color in the end zones.

However, our grass is always very clean and has the diagonal shade alternation. You can even see it in that photo. And I am quite fond of our wordmark.

I agree. I loved our endzone in the national championship game and I wish they would adopt that full time at jordan hare

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Am I missing something? Why is the Cal/USC game tonight being played in San Francisco at AT&T Park? Also, I noticed that during one of the bowl games at this location last year, both teams had to use the same sideline, but yet Cal and USC are on opposite sides tonight. What gives?

As for your second question, during the bowl game they host there they put both teams on the same side because if they put a bench on the "3rd base line" it would block a good chunk of the expensive seats down low. They didn't have that option during a regular season game while Cal is using it and had to suck it up and block the view.

As for Candlestick, I think they had issues with its location and size. That and if I'm remembering correctly there were issues with how much it would cost to rent.

Rent did not really matter since liquor sales would offset some of the game revenue and rent. Costs for transportation did. MUNI (the SF city/county transit authority) would charge CAL for buses to/from Candlestick as public transporation sis not available to the stadium unless on event days. Parking in Berkeley is as minimal as any FBS school.

The Fresno State game was set up by a promoter who was responsible for the expenses of special MUNI buses and SF Police staffing.

Tonight, a student could just use his/her BART card to get from Berkeley to The City (Embarcadero Station) and walk to the game and back. No special transportation needed. for the student body.

What are the teams using for locker rooms?

I don't see why "interesting field art" and "people posting their favourite team's field" have to be mutually exclusive.

Personally I don't get the opportunity to see much NCAA football, so seeing past and present NCAA fields is pretty interesting.

I guess I'm just a tad tired of the old stock "oh great people are just posting things that relate to their favourite team" response that people make in these threads.

i think the problem is people are posting (or being accused of posting) their favorite teams field just because its their favorite teams field, even if its not very good, original, or interesting. i think thats "homer-ism". the other side of it is people bashing other teams because its a rival of their team. (actually not sure if thats going on here, i havent been following but i see it often).

point is, there should be an appreciation of good design because it is good no matter what team it belongs to. and mediocre or bad design should not be looked up to, even if it belongs to ones favorite team.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i think the problem is people are posting (or being accused of posting) their favorite teams field just because its their favorite teams field, even if its not very good, original, or interesting. i think thats "homer-ism". the other side of it is people bashing other teams because its a rival of their team. (actually not sure if thats going on here, i havent been following but i see it often).

point is, there should be an appreciation of good design because it is good no matter what team it belongs to. and mediocre or bad design should not be looked up to, even if it belongs to ones favorite team.

When I created this thread that was my intention, but it has gotten off course, but hopefully we can get it back on path again.

spacer.png

• 3 years later...

i really like Lucas Oil Stadium's endzones and midfield logo.

1920px-LucasOilStadiumTheLuke.jpg

I hate the midfield logo. The helmet looks tacky and small. Either put the horseshoe logo solo and enlarge it, or put the horseshoe in the state outline of Indiana.

Love the end-zones though, I always like when they're colored makes them look better.

I think the Colts midfield is pretty well done. Considering the Big Ten has to cover it for the championship game it's a great compromise. Leaving the horseshoe by itself would not look as good, in my opinion.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Do you mean Montana Griz?

Montana Grizzlies play at Washington-Grizzly stadium. It's named Washington because Denny Washington donated a lot (the amount escapes my mind right now) to build it

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Archived