World Cup Soccer Contest

capitalcanuck

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you stopped it right now, we'd have 17 contestants (assuming they all submit their entry). We could do a 16 team bracket with a play-in for the Croatias. You could split up the bracket by region (CONCACAF, AFC, UEFA). I know you were planning on doing groups ala World Cup but there's just not much interest as soccer goes on this forum....

And if we only end up with 16 contestants who entered or somehow get 20 or 24, we could do FIFA style groups still.

EDIT: Just noticed north dakota's entry, so that makes 18. If we could sqander up 2 more people we could do groups A-F, taking the top contestant in each group plus the 3 highest ranked 2nd place teams.

25yzwqg.png

If you stopped it right now, we'd have 17 contestants (assuming they all submit their entry). We could do a 16 team bracket with a play-in for the Croatias. You could split up the bracket by region (CONCACAF, AFC, UEFA). I know you were planning on doing groups ala World Cup but there's just not much interest as soccer goes on this forum....

And if we only end up with 16 contestants who entered or somehow get 20 or 24, we could do FIFA style groups still.

EDIT: Just noticed north dakota's entry, so that makes 18. If we could sqander up 2 more people we could do groups A-F, taking the top contestant in each group plus the 3 highest ranked 2nd place teams.

I must have missed Don_Kay's post, so I'm going to change to Uruguay

I must have missed Don_Kay's post, so I'm going to change to Uruguay

Oh, okay. So all we need is two more and for everyone to submit and...badda bing, we're off!

25yzwqg.png

Archived