Denver Broncos Get Approval for Orange from the League

Captain Poncho

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think this scuttles the idea they might let Nike do new uniforms for them in 2012. At this point in the season, there's no reason to announce something as big as a uniform overhaul - they have their hands full trying to clean up after McDaniels and dealing with the Tebow/Orton thing.

All I've ever hoped for is some color in the road uniforms (no more white pants) - and I've been hoping Nike might actually get that done.

I don't think this scuttles the idea they might let Nike do new uniforms for them in 2012. At this point in the season, there's no reason to announce something as big as a uniform overhaul - they have their hands full trying to clean up after McDaniels and dealing with the Tebow/Orton thing.

All I've ever hoped for is some color in the road uniforms (no more white pants) - and I've been hoping Nike might actually get that done.

They could achieve this goal by simply making orange pants with a blue insert. Wouldn't even have to change the jerseys, and there would be a certain symmetry to the whole thing -- orange jerseys/white pants at home, white jerseys/orange pants on the road. Also, no leotard look with blue pants/blue socks.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

See, that's beautiful. Don't think the funky helmet stripe works with all those classic stripes, though. Either a solid stripe or none at all would probably work better.

It kinda works from the back. The back of the helmet has the thin stripe/thick stripe/thin stripe, so it sorta matches the throwback sleeve stripe and socks.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I'll be interested to see how they pull off those side panels on the Speed Machine template...not sure how well that's gonna work.

It won't. It'll have to be a custom variation of the template, or a new design. Nike can't just put every team in the same template in the NFL like they can in college, which it probably realizes, I'm just curious to see how they handle everything.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'll be interested to see how they pull off those side panels on the Speed Machine template...not sure how well that's gonna work.

It won't. It'll have to be a custom variation of the template, or a new design. Nike can't just put every team in the same template in the NFL like they can in college, which it probably realizes, I'm just curious to see how they handle everything.

I'm kind of hesitant to do more teams for my series, because of the whole NFL template thing. What are we going to see? Speed Machine? New? etc...

Will you put out more templates soon?

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I'm kind of hesitant to do more teams for my series, because of the whole NFL template thing. What are we going to see? Speed Machine? New? etc...

Will you put out more templates soon?

could things be as uneventful as 10 years ago when reebok simply kept the existing vendors and templates for the most part and slapped a vector where the previous logo was?..after all reebok kept the bronco's nike template as is for a decade now.

the one other thing that they could do is a phase in approach and start with all of the more generic templates (raiders, ravens, eagles, giants etc.) then get to the more complicated designs in following seasons.

Very happy the Broncos are switching to the orange, it's who they are. Who cares about what color they were wearing when the won the Superbowls. They didn't win because of the jersey color. With that being said, I am VERY disappointed they are sticking with the same template. They don't need a major overhaul, just change the side panels to a more traditional striping pattern. One look I would love to see, is blue helmet, orange jersey, blue pants. That would be sharp.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Very happy the Broncos are switching to the orange, it's who they are. Who cares about what color they were wearing when the won the Superbowls. They didn't win because of the jersey color. With that being said, I am VERY disappointed they are sticking with the same template. They don't need a major overhaul, just change the side panels to a more traditional striping pattern. One look I would love to see, is blue helmet, orange jersey, blue pants. That would be sharp.

Oh yea? B)

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Does the Broncos' current design even work on the ProCombat template? After all, the side panels on the jersey are interrupted by random, unnecessary mesh parts.

No, it works. The simple prototype that was sent to them last season had the blue stripes. But it is important to know that these were nothing more than generic team-colored prototypes. Everyone should remember the Falcons one from their locker room...

...falconslockerroom.png

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

The Broncos are just one of those teams that should be wearing orange. I get that they won their first Super Bowl in the blue version of the jerseys, but they're keeping the same template, and the road set is remaining unchanged (the uniform they won their second Super Bowl in). So all in all I think the Broncos are doing a great job in keeping a championship identity together while also changing it up slightly to better reflect the franchise's history.

Oh yea? B)

Yep :)

Template's not significantly changing in 2012.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Oh yea? B)

Yep :)

Template's not significantly changing in 2012.

I know...hence the sunglasses emoticon. lol :P

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

aykf6e3zeshihrmnkuwvjheip.gif

With some nice modernizing and tweaks, both the uni and logo would be among the nicest in the league. Also, Tim Tebow might think he's back in Florida and might start playing well again.

They should return to those jerseys but with the current Bronco logo on the helmet.

Archived