Denver Broncos Get Approval for Orange from the League

Captain Poncho

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since when has the Broncos' color been called "burnt orange"? Is that a mistake on the writer's behalf? U Texas is burnt orange, and they look nothing alike. Colorwerx?

I always thought it was "Broncos Orange".

According to his site, they called it "burnt orange" until 1976.

"Burnt Orange" can mean a number of different shades...remember, you can't pigeon-hole a specific color to a color description.

Since when has the Broncos' color been called "burnt orange"? Is that a mistake on the writer's behalf? U Texas is burnt orange, and they look nothing alike. Colorwerx?

I always thought it was "Broncos Orange".

According to his site, they called it "burnt orange" until 1976.

"Burnt Orange" can mean a number of different shades...remember, you can't pigeon-hole a specific color to a color description.

To add, the Florida Gators have commonly referred to their orange as "burnt orange" over the last decade or so...and we all know their orange is nothing like Texas' burnt orange.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Very happy the Broncos are switching to the orange, it's who they are. Who cares about what color they were wearing when the won the Superbowls. They didn't win because of the jersey color. With that being said, I am VERY disappointed they are sticking with the same template. They don't need a major overhaul, just change the side panels to a more traditional striping pattern. One look I would love to see, is blue helmet, orange jersey, blue pants. That would be sharp.

Oh yea? B)

Yep :)

Template's not significantly changing in 2012.

I know...hence the sunglasses emoticon. lol :P

Gotcha :grin:

To add, the Florida Gators have commonly referred to their orange as "burnt orange" over the last decade or so...and we all know their orange is nothing like Texas' burnt orange.

Are you sure about that? I'm a Gator fan and have never heard 'burnt orange' for their colors. Methinks you are confusing them with Auburn, I believe their official colors are blue and burnt orange, although it's a lot brighter orange than Texas'.

Are you sure about that? I'm a Gator fan and have never heard 'burnt orange' for their colors. Methinks you are confusing them with Auburn, I believe their official colors are blue and burnt orange, although it's a lot brighter orange than Texas'.

Nike and Florida have consistently called the orange "burnt orange" since 2003 or 2004 or so. Definitely not thinking of Auburn.

I've got the Orange alternate in my closet, I'm happy they're going to be wearing it more.

Their colour scheme is very vibrant and well balanced. All three of their uniforms look good in their template, the orange feels much more unique to their history. They have had great success in teh blue, but it's only been the home jersey colour for a little over a decade. Orange has a much longer history with the club. The blue will do well as the alternate colour.

Nike and Florida have consistently called the orange "burnt orange" since 2003 or 2004 or so. Definitely not thinking of Auburn.

I'm putting together a comparison of collegiate Oranges...I'll start a new thread.

I believe you, I'm not saying you didn't see that somewhere (in fact I found one Gator t-shirt on the web labeled as "burnt orange") but it is not correct. Florida's school colors are officially orange and blue, and I believe they always have been. Nike may have mislabeled something, but I'm quite certain Florida never did.

I believe you, I'm not saying you didn't see that somewhere (in fact I found one Gator t-shirt on the web labeled as "burnt orange") but it is not correct. Florida's school colors are officially orange and blue, and I believe they always have been. Nike may have mislabeled something, but I'm quite certain Florida never did.

Correct. I've never seen Florida's Orange called Burnt Orange, and I've been tracking this kind of stuff since the mid-'70s.

...however, Auburn and Florida use the exact same shade of Orange - Florida call its color "Orange", while Auburn calls its color "Burnt Orange"...

(Still putting together that collegiate Orange post.)

Archived