Denver Broncos Get Approval for Orange from the League

Captain Poncho

OK, the Tebow era needs to be wearing orange. :)

Quite the opposite. The orange uni change next season will represent a brand new era. I highly doubt both Orton and Tebust will be on the 2012 Broncos roster. It is important to remember that John Elway and John Fox were not involved with the drafting of Timmy and do not have any attachment to him. I see them signing a veteran and drafting one of the top 3 QBs in the 2012 Draft.

Really? If you are going based on THAT alone, then it would have already happened.

just waitin on Luck...

I would seriously take a 1-15 season to get a new QB. Orton can't throw downfield, and Tebow sucks. Hey, why dont we give Brady Quinn a try?!

As a Charger fan, all I can say was as bad as Tebow looked at times during that game, I'm sure glad he didn't play the whole game as I think Denver would have won. He energized the whole team. Amazing. Not sure what "it" is but he has it.

Orange+Tebow=Success

it's called being a young running qb that has little film/scouting/defensive game planning against..this skill set translates to early success but tends to flame out quickly..for reference please also see: vick, michael or young, vince

Both of whom have won more games than they've lost as starters? There's not a ton of QBs that can say that.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, the Tebow era needs to be wearing orange. :)

Quite the opposite. The orange uni change next season will represent a brand new era. I highly doubt both Orton and Tebust will be on the 2012 Broncos roster. It is important to remember that John Elway and John Fox were not involved with the drafting of Timmy and do not have any attachment to him. I see them signing a veteran and drafting one of the top 3 QBs in the 2012 Draft.

Really? If you are going based on THAT alone, then it would have already happened.

just waitin on Luck...

I would seriously take a 1-15 season to get a new QB. Orton can't throw downfield, and Tebow sucks. Hey, why dont we give Brady Quinn a try?!

As a Charger fan, all I can say was as bad as Tebow looked at times during that game, I'm sure glad he didn't play the whole game as I think Denver would have won. He energized the whole team. Amazing. Not sure what "it" is but he has it.

Orange+Tebow=Success

it's called being a young running qb that has little film/scouting/defensive game planning against..this skill set translates to early success but tends to flame out quickly..for reference please also see: vick, michael or young, vince

Both of whom have won more games than they've lost as starters? There's not a ton of QBs that can say that.

both who were let go by the teams that drafted them and have seen their best days come and gone...clearly neither are franchise qb's nor will t-bone be...the only difference is that timmy is more coachable but he does not have the skill set to be a successful nfl qb in 2011.

I'm not a Broncos fan, nor am I close follower of their traditions and history, but, the Broncos had their greatest successes (Super Bowls XXXII and XXXIII) with navy blue as their primary. I'm all for nostalgia, but I think the importance of 2 Super Bowls would have a higher standing than other years.

Personally I prefer the navy blue, with the orange alternate now and then give a nod to their history.

As a Broncos fan for the last 34 years, I have fond memories of the Super Bowl years (obviously) and it's a fact that John Elway never lost a game wearing the dark blue tops. (They won every home game and every playoff game the two years they had the current jerseys.)

However, the current orange is too bright and the current blue is too dark. I'd love to see them go back to the old colors and keep the current logo.

And orange jerseys are a great thing - it was the ORANGE Crush after all, not the Blue Crush.

I'm not a Broncos fan, nor am I close follower of their traditions and history, but, the Broncos had their greatest successes (Super Bowls XXXII and XXXIII) with navy blue as their primary. I'm all for nostalgia, but I think the importance of 2 Super Bowls would have a higher standing than other years.

Personally I prefer the navy blue, with the orange alternate now and then give a nod to their history.

As a Broncos fan for the last 34 years, I have fond memories of the Super Bowl years (obviously) and it's a fact that John Elway never lost a game wearing the dark blue tops. (They won every home game and every playoff game the two years they had the current jerseys.)

However, the current orange is too bright and the current blue is too dark. I'd love to see them go back to the old colors and keep the current logo.

And orange jerseys are a great thing - it was the ORANGE Crush after all, not the Blue Crush.

It's funny that you say that the current orange is too bright. I agree - it does look too bright on TV, however, once Dawkins signed with the Broncos, the stores here started carrying authentic Broncos orange #20 jerseys, and IMO the color is beautiful in person. Maybe the stock that they got didn't match the regular production, or the materials just don't translate well to TV, I'm not sure, but what I saw in person sure didn't match the near-fluorescent look that I was used to seeing on TV.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived