Nebraska College Football

CAB

The title pretty much says it. I was bored one day and decided to make up some uniforms for different teams in Nebraska. I don't expect too many people to be super interested in this, but hopefully some fellow Nebraskans will enjoy these. I didn't do every single college that has a team...and I also did some that don't have teams.

Chadron St-- Chadron used to have Philadelphia Eagles rip-offs for helmets just like pretty much every other D-II or D-III football team named the Eagles, but now it appears they've gone to some Bama-style lids. Either way, I feel like they have a unique color scheme that is not being utilized. I wanted the focus for this set to be on silver and crimson, using black and white as accents. The helmet now features their (recently adopted?) eagle logo. Props to Chadron grad Danny Woodhead on this concept.

Creighton-- Despite lacking a football program since the 40's, I still wanted to try out some uniforms for them. I think classic blue and white would work well for them in football even though most other sports feature some black. I gave them some vertical stipes on the sleeve cuffs and collar, similar to Kanas State a couple years back.

Nebraska Wesleyan-- They might be the smallest school I did here, but IMO their in need of some changes. I think their traditionally a black and yellow school, but every summer I go there for a basketball camp and from what I can tell, their definitely moving toward a true gold color. Their sort of suffering from the same problem as Navy. I really like how their logo features brown. Those colors combined with their unique mascot make for a very interesting identity.

UNK-- The main thing here was to simply make them use their school colors (blue and yellow), something they don't do in football. For some reason they use a navy looking helmet mixed with only blue and white jerseys. Doesn't make much sense considering they use blue and yellow together in most other sports.

UNO-- As with Creighton, UNO also lacks a football program. This is only recently after they made the move to Division I. I absolutely love their new identity, so I wanted to utilize the U/O logo on the helmet, and sorta stick with that theme throughout the rest of the uniform. Split numbers are a little risky, but I think they could pull it off.

Wayne St-- I really didn't change a whole lot with their uniforms. I love the look the blackout look they use for home games, with the yellow sleeves providing just enough contrast to make it work IMO.

Chadron State College Eagles

Home // Road // Blackout

Creighton Bluejays

Home // Road

Nebraska Wesleyan Prairie Wolves

Home // Road

UNK Lopers (University of Nebraska at Kearney)

Home // Road // Home Alt // Road Alt

UNO Mavericks (University of Nebraska at Omaha)

Home // Road // Red Alt // Whiteout

Wayne State Wildcats

Home // Road

Thanks for viewing!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Great concepts! I used to go to the Chadron football camp every year and I saw they had several different helmets in the short course of 4 years. Looking back they had 4 other ones not posted above! That's alot of helmets. I love their color scheme. I like how you used the new logo. I thought it was strange when they introduced this logo for 1 year even after they had their new identity.

663657338_gH9Va-L.jpg

Still better than some of the others...

dannywoodhead.jpg1317687311025.pngtumblr_lf07bcA9OX1qbvrupo1_100.jpg

It's cool to see concepts that are close to home. Great job on all of these. I like the split numbers for UNO. I think the addition of yellow for the Lopers was a great choice. I hate their currents. Creighton is a little plain for me, but I could totally see them going with it.

Overall nice job,

(**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

Glad that you guys like these!

:shocked:These ^^^^^^^^ are sweet, but I think you forgot the huskers... :cursing:

I didn't do them because I honestly wouldn't change anything...except Adidas being the manufacturer. Good god, those techfits are awful.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Great job with the unis. I played at UNK and I am now a coach here in central nebraska. I've always thought the Lopers should start thinking outside the box when it came to logo and uniform. Love what you did with it, keep up the good work.

97Broncos.png

One quick bump.

Great job with the unis. I played at UNK and I am now a coach here in central nebraska. I've always thought the Lopers should start thinking outside the box when it came to logo and uniform. Love what you did with it, keep up the good work.

Thanks! My dad played (baseball) at UNK as well.

Archived