new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

I actually think this the second year Auburn has had their current uniforms, but I thought this would be worth mentioning, because I think it's cool. If you look closely at the numbers on Kenny Gabriel's jersey, you'll see some subtle tiger stripes.

lsu_ggreen_auburn.jpg

I never noticed them last year, as I never sat very close at the games. But this year, I've gone early and got a front row seat to every game. This photo is from last season, so I know the stripes aren't brand new.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think this the second year Auburn has had their current uniforms, but I thought this would be worth mentioning, because I think it's cool. If you look closely at the numbers on Kenny Gabriel's jersey, you'll see some subtle tiger stripes.

lsu_ggreen_auburn.jpg

I never noticed them last year, as I never sat very close at the games. But this year, I've gone early and got a front row seat to every game. This photo is from last season, so I know the stripes aren't brand new.

Great touch!! I love when teams can keep a clean look, while adding subtle elements. I dunno why--I know a lot of CCLers hate it--but that's me.

By the way, congrats on beating my Owls tonight. Those Hooters might not win a game this year...

Kent State University motto "If we see Akron do it, we will try to copy just to watch it go horribly wrong"

It's like the Redsox deciding to wear pinstripes...why copy your rival?

Obviously there were about a dozen schools to introduce grey/silver before we did, but really Kent had ugly ass black alternates. stick with those.

Kent State University motto "If we see Akron do it, we will try to copy just to watch it go horribly wrong"

Obviously there were about a dozen schools to introduce grey/silver before we did, but really Kent had ugly ass black alternates. stick with those.

The only issue I had was the yellow names and smaller numbers. I like these better but they're too light for roads IMO.

Kent State University motto "If we see Akron do it, we will try to copy just to watch it go horribly wrong.

Sorry. It doesn't count if its the same year. That said, not bad but I don't like how gold heavy they are. Better than the gold alternates from last year

Seeing as this looks better than Akron's unison I think it's the other way around. But these are definitely too light to be used on the road. So technically Kent and Akron copied Ohio State since they both broke these out this year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So in football, Baylor uses Nike and uses vegas gold.

But in basketball, Baylor uses Adidas and uses yellow?

Also see UCLA where basketball uses "yellow" and all other sports use "gold" (or whatever you want to call each color)

One of those quirks of some teams that I actually hate.

lsu_ggreen_auburn.jpg

SUBLIMATED TIGER STRIPES making the transition to UA and basketball. Never thought I'd see the day :lol:

Actually, though, those work pretty well

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

So in football, Baylor uses Nike and uses vegas gold.

But in basketball, Baylor uses Adidas and uses yellow?

Some of their other teams use UA. Women's bball also uses black but I don't think any of their other teams does. Can't stand their athletic identity because of it.

Butler has moved to old Nike SOD. I don't really like the new look too much. Roads will still be black, but I haven't seen those yet.

OLD:

ronald-nored-03jpg-3be89eb9ebee5130_medium.jpg

NEW:

2v0cr37.jpg

WOW Butler finally changed uniforms, it seems like they've had those old uniforms for years....I atleast always remember the numbers on the shorts do they still have that on the new ones?

Bowling Green had their first men's basketball game tonight, at the brand new Stroh Center.

stroh.png

They also unveiled new uniforms for tonights game (I was in attendance).

Here are the new home uniforms from tonight:

side.png

collar.png

back.png

Here are the former:

old.png

I personally like the change, only because it puts more of an emphasis on orange. While I loved the old template, I wasn't a fan of the over-abundance of brown on the home uniform (while the road uniform was orange).

I gotta say I don't like the new collar at all, either.

All in all, it's a lateral change, doesn't do a whole lot for me, I just like seeing changes.

Im liking the orange better than the brown detail.....The orange pants they've worn vs. Toledo and NIU in football are my favorite

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Wright State has gotten new uniforms, going from the Syracuse SOD template to the Georgetown Jordan template, they also have a black version

slideshow_1002288978_Wright_St_Ohio_St_Basketball.JPEG-03887.JPG

slideshow_1002289583_ddn111411wsubb1.jpg

Im actually the banana in the background haha :rolleyes:

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Archived