new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the gray trend continues?

Dukeexclusiveshorts.jpg

Those look fake.

How exactly do they look fake?

The guy who took the picture says he gets a lot of team apparel year to year. I have no reason to believe that, but he's been right about the changes they've made before.

And Duke football actually has a decent history of wearing grey/silver.

WVU was rockin grays long before this current trend... thank god they stopped.

uc12020406.jpg

Texas basketball was wearing them in teh 80s when having alts wasn't even the cool thing to do yet. They were more silver than grey, though.

Dukeexclusiveshorts.jpg

Those look fake.

Not saying there are fake, since I have no idea what Duke plans on wearing, but:

they have different size holes and all the current hyper elites (that I know of) use the same size holes throughout, and

they have 2 notches on the each leg opening and I can't remember another Nike design like that.

WVU was rockin grays long before this current trend... thank god they stopped.

uc12020406.jpg

Texas basketball was wearing them in teh 80s when having alts wasn't even the cool thing to do yet. They were more silver than grey, though.

Dukeexclusiveshorts.jpg

Those look fake.

Not saying there are fake, since I have no idea what Duke plans on wearing, but:

they have different size holes and all the current hyper elites (that I know of) use the same size holes throughout, and

they have 2 notches on the each leg opening and I can't remember another Nike design like that.

I'm starting to think the same... Not only are the holes different, they look screen printed, and they dont match the current hole design. I'm also pretty sure (could find a pic, but they just got rid of the little basketball in the "D" but there should be no holes in the middle of it...

ff_636165_xl.jpg

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

page1_u_florida_mb_576.jpg

Better than a BFBS jersey. In fact, I'm surprised there wasn't an orange alternate in the past.

Bowling Green had their first men's basketball game tonight, at the brand new Stroh Center.

stroh.png

They also unveiled new uniforms for tonights game (I was in attendance).

Here are the new home uniforms from tonight:

side.png

collar.png

back.png

Here are the former:

old.png

I personally like the change, only because it puts more of an emphasis on orange. While I loved the old template, I wasn't a fan of the over-abundance of brown on the home uniform (while the road uniform was orange).

I gotta say I don't like the new collar at all, either.

All in all, it's a lateral change, doesn't do a whole lot for me, I just like seeing changes.

I always wonder...if Bowling Green had a varsity bowling team, what color would they wear?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

They had an orange alternate when they were a Reebok school, my fellow Owl. But this is an upgrade. I don't mind black alternates, but I do mind when a school has two colors (as opposed to x color and white), and their alternate is black instead of the school color. FSU, Miami, and Florida have all been guilty of this in the past.

Archived