new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

Not a big fan of the grey, but I will say this: they did a real solid job designing the side panels. The panel designs on these look much better than most of the recent stuff Nike has done. From what I can tell from the photos, it appears that some of the panel designs have inspirations from a classic design for that school. UCONN-the Rip Hamilton to early 2000s, Florida-a combination of the back-back title teams and the Mike Miller era, Arizona- the Richard Jefferson early 2000s era, UConnW- Maya Moore era, BaylorW-2005 title team, and Duke's is obviously the same they've had for year. I can't find a side view of UNC; I'm curious if they tried to combine the argyle with the Jordan era for the Heels.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like this gray and blue uniform:

hyperunis_300.jpg

Here are the dates these hit the hardwood:

UConn vs. Notre Dame (1/29),

Kentucky vs. Tennessee (1/31),

Duke vs. Maryland (2/11),

Baylor (women's) vs. Texas A&M (2/11),

Florida vs. Tennessee (2/11),

Syracuse vs. USF (2/22),

Arizona vs. UCLA (2/25),

UConn (women's) vs. Notre Dame (2/27)

UNC vs. Maryland (2/29).

spacer.png

hyperunis_300.jpg

Syracuse vs. USF (2/22),

Arizona vs. UCLA (2/25),

UNC vs. Maryland (2/29).

Much like the first iteration of pro combat rivalry these will all be worn against non-Nike schools.

Syracuse vs. USF (2/22),

Arizona vs. UCLA (2/25),

UNC vs. Maryland (2/29).

Much like the first iteration of pro combat rivalry these will all be worn against non-Nike schools.

I just noticed that, but you beat me to it. Very interesting. I wonder if having 2 debut against Maryland is a coincidence or a way for NIKE to try and stick it to Under Armour's babies.

90758391980.gif

In my personal opinion, this "platinum" collection is faaar worse than Nike's Pro Combat stuff for college football.

Why? Because they all look exactly the same. There is no school identity whatsoever, this is possibly the most Team Nike thing they've done.

9up7jm.png

In my personal opinion, this "platinum" collection is faaar worse than Nike's Pro Combat stuff for college football.

Why? Because they all look exactly the same. There is no school identity whatsoever, this is possibly the most Team Nike thing they've done.

Agreed. Reminds me of the Jordan Silver Anniversary uniforms they had some teams wear a few years back.

hyperunis_300.jpg

Syracuse vs. USF (2/22),

Arizona vs. UCLA (2/25),

UNC vs. Maryland (2/29).

Are you kidding me?! I'm going to look at these uniforms when they are worn against Tennessee twice? Who planned this? I actually think that these would be neat if every single team's wasn't gray. GFGS looks like its the new trend.

spacer.png

just noticed they included the championship year inside the stars as well; i dont like that they dont have a NOB , and this lacks any kind of creativity for each individual team besides the GIANT logo on the back.....

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

i dont like that they dont have a NOB

That's only because these pics are for promo purposes and they can't use players to promote the merchandise like that. The real thing will have the NsOB.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

just noticed they included the championship year inside the stars as well; i dont like that they dont have a NOB , and this lacks any kind of creativity for each individual team besides the GIANT logo on the back.....

Putting a huge logo on the back of a shirt is not creative.

I think it's interesting how they sort of recreated the team's jersey trim with a dot pattern, and I like reflective numerals in theory, but as a whole, these just aren't working. For a company that seems to pride itself on innovation and individuality, 'GREY FOR ALL!' doesn't seem fitting. Additionally, I don't think the numerals are visible enough. The press photos in the dark with the bright lettering and numerals are ridiculous. Does Nike realize they don't play basketball with the lights off and a spotlight on each player?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived