new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

Alot of these designs would be among the best in the NCAA if they weren't primarily gray

Agreed. I really don't mind the designs all that much. The color is the problem.

Oh I get the story. I've mastered inventing BS reasons for things like this. Its my job, its how I got through school.

I just don't get the schools agreeing to it.

"Do what we tell you to do or your money goes bye-bye."

Do you know how much money Nike, Adidas and Under Armour pour into their schools? They pay directly into coaches' salaries, for example. That gives the manufacturers a lot of pull.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alot of these designs would be among the best in the NCAA if they weren't primarily gray

Agreed. I really don't mind the designs all that much. The color is the problem.

Oh I get the story. I've mastered inventing BS reasons for things like this. Its my job, its how I got through school.

I just don't get the schools agreeing to it.

"Do what we tell you to do or your money goes bye-bye."

Do you know how much money Nike, Adidas and Under Armour pour into their schools? They pay directly into coaches' salaries, for example. That gives the manufacturers a lot of pull.

Of course I do. I also know that there is no conspiracy that they say "You do this or else" If a team doesn't want to do something they just don't do it. The teams agree to it, nobody is forcing it on them.

I don't mind the grey at all. To me, grey is basically the same a white. MLB teams use grey for road uniforms even though it isn't one of the team's primary colors. I treat these in the same regards. I like what Nike did with them.

Kentuckuy's looks sharp. I'd rather they use grey as a secondary color than black.

The rest look like crap. Especially Syracuse. It looks like creamsicle orange, which doesn't work with the grey

I agree 100%. Kentucky's are the only ones that I actually like, just because blue and grey has always looked good to me, and I like how they kept the checkerboard pattern as well.

And completely unrelated to the new Nike duds, since Mizzou is getting all new football uniforms, I have heard that it will be a complete rebrand, like ASU and MSU had, so I wouldn't be surprised if the basketball team got updated uniforms as well even though this is the only the second year with their current set. But when I think about it, 2 years with the same set, especially a Nike school like Mizzou who isn't an elite school by any means is still pushing it. As much as new sets get rolled out, I'd say 2 years is a pretty good shelf life.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

I don't mind the grey at all. To me, grey is basically the same a white. MLB teams use grey for road uniforms even though it isn't one of the team's primary colors. I treat these in the same regards. I like what Nike did with them.

See, my problem with that is that gray is already traditional in baseball. Everyone wears gray on the road at least part of the time, whereas teams that don't already wear gray adding gray uniforms is just weird. Apart from a few exceptions (I think that the Lakers should only wear white at home because they have one of the best white uniforms in the NBA) everyone wears white at home in basketball.

Plus, you can't honestly tell me with a straight face that this isn't one big marketing gimmick by Nike when every team they will be worn against is a non-Nike team. They're saying "Look at how much better our uniforms are compared to the other guys'!" Of course, the blame for this does not lay solely at Nike's feet, because you know Adidas and Under Armour won't take this lying down. They will respond at their schools' expenses.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I think it's interesting how they sort of recreated the team's jersey trim with a dot pattern, and I like reflective numerals in theory, but as a whole, these just aren't working. For a company that seems to pride itself on innovation and individuality, 'GREY FOR ALL!' doesn't seem fitting. Additionally, I don't think the numerals are visible enough. The press photos in the dark with the bright lettering and numerals are ridiculous. Does Nike realize they don't play basketball with the lights off and a spotlight on each player?

But gray anthracite carbon platinum is KEWL!!!

I don't think Nike ever samples these designs on-court before the fellating presentation happens. You can't read the numbers on half those uniforms unless you stand within 6 feet of the player wearing it.

The primary purpose of uniforms is to distinguish one team from another (in those teams' appropriate colors), and to differentiate between individual players on those teams.

Team Nike. All for one, one for Nike.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

These are alot better than butlers camouflage for tomarrow....and on the note of Horizon League Wright state will be wearing Black on friday as part of a black out game....the raiders wore black in the early 2000s so it isn't a bfbs

The early 2000s were well past the point where marketability started dictating what teams wore... it's BFBS. Only we may wear black in the Horizon League :D

Aj7pqh0CEAAGksA.jpg

Interesting not what I pictured, but I like how they kept the authentic look and didnt mess around

Not bad, but I was hoping for the version they wore right after those. It would make more sense, IMO, since the Tony Bennett era marked the beginning of the "glory years" for their program.

PUBREMCYZYJLIFX.20110818145759.jpg

These are alot better than butlers camouflage for tomarrow....and on the note of Horizon League Wright state will be wearing Black on friday as part of a black out game....the raiders wore black in the early 2000s so it isn't a bfbs

The early 2000s were well past the point where marketability started dictating what teams wore... it's BFBS. Only we may wear black in the Horizon League :D

Well they became there primary road jerseys, and I believe they wore them in the late 90's...They became D1 in 1990. If I may say so myself the uniforms look sharp Ill post pics when I can find them...they also gave away glow in the dark black shirts and all the coachs wore black suits

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

I think it would be an interesting turn of events if the referees didn't allow this uniforms to be used in the game. Similar to what happened with South Carolina's wounded warrior football uniforms. I could definitely see it happening

I kind of thought about that, were seeing the numbers in staged lighting, the numbers could definantly be hard to read

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Well they became there primary road jerseys, and I believe they wore them in the late 90's...They became D1 in 1990. If I may say so myself the uniforms look sharp Ill post pics when I can find them...they also gave away glow in the dark black shirts and all the coachs wore black suits

The BFBS phenomenon was firmly entrenched by the mid-90s and has origins in the late 80s. Add to it that Wright State's official colors are (and always have been) green and gold and you have a textbook case of BFBS.

Evansville wore orange for the first time in quite a while. The orange dates back to the days of Hall of Fame Coach Arad McCutchan who had his teams wear orange (and sleeves)because it stood out against the dark backdrop in the early days when people often wore dark suits to games. These do not have sleeves but the old set they used up til last year had a white home set with sleeves. The season after McCutchan died in 1993-94 they were still wearing sleeves and wore orange at home all season long as a tribute to him. That's the last time I can recall the team wearing orange instead of the usual white home and purple roads. Not sure what the official colors were but starting that season on the trim color went from yellow to orange as fans were encouraged to wear orange to games to honor him and orange is still quite popular today.

UEOrange.jpg

Indiana State is a conference rival and the game was on ESPNU so that's why I imagine they broke them out. I'd love for them to have sleeves as a real throwback to that era but knowing the history behind the orange I like them.

That is a sharp-looking color vs. color game.

UEOrange.jpg

That is a sharp-looking color vs. color game.

Damn, that's great stuff right there. I imagine watching that in HD would be fantastic.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived