new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks worse in real photos over Nike's promos. They tried to act like you could see the numbers and stuff

6760619097_0d0898b553_medium.jpg

503123201.jpg

UConn #31

Cuse #11

Kentucky #5

Baylor #3

Blue Devils #3

Carolina #10

Gators #11

I had no problem, maybe you need new glasses and stuff?

Maybe its grey, maybe it's platinum...but it's still BFBS: Bitching for bitching sake.

Maybe its grey, maybe it's platinum...but it's still BFBS: Bitching for bitching sake.

It's easy now when you're sitting at your computer looking at a still photo. It's much more difficult when the players are quickly moving around on the court under the arenas' bright lights.

Trust me, a referee's job is not as easy as you think it is.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's easy now when you're sitting at your computer looking at a still photo. It's much more difficult when the players are quickly moving around on the court under the arenas' bright lights.

Are there any referees on here who will be officiating these specific games? If not I don't see how it's relevant. Even on TV you can't see numbers well if they're white, black, green, purple, whatever. My Akron Zips have white uniforms with silver text, and silver uniforms with white text, I have yet to see or hear of any issues.

To be fair, it's not nearly as bad as the south Carolina wounded warrior duds mentioned upthread.

Basketball officials have a lot less ground to cover in steady lighting and weather conditions (other than random battleship games), not always prevalent in football, obviously.

Also, wasn't part of the complaining attributed to the announcers, who couldn't see the numbers from the press box? Again, that's alleviated if not eliminated in hoops, with announcers usually right on top of things at the scorer's table.

MKG sporting the grey. They will be worn tonight versus Tennessee.

hyper-platinum.jpg

Damn those look awesome! I would love to see the football team wear this color! I am so looking forward to seeing these tonight when we kick some Volunteer ass!

spacer.png

26543X_5.jpg

I've always thought gray would be a good alt jersey color for UK. Gray has always seemed to work since it has been a trim color for at least a decade if not longer. Most of the UK shirts I own are even gray. I've always trumpeted the fact that black should never be mixed in. I've mellowed on that a little with the black football jerseys but still feel BFBS at this university is ridiculous. However as a hardcore fan and staff employee I generally will come around to most things that say Kentucky on them but can be very critical as well. I'm a big fan of this look, but clearly as an alternate only. The front of the jersey is great, as well as the side panels. The back is a bit of a mess with the big diagonal sublimated school logo and the nameplate underneath the numbers. While I generally like the look, i think giving all the schools the same color cheapens it. Duke should have gotten a black one, Syracuse should have gotten a Blue one, Uconn a red one, florida an orange or black, etc.

The true test is seeing these on the court. Probably going to be a weird looking game with UT's hideous orange as the contrasting jersey colors.

Are there any referees on here who will be officiating these specific games? If not I don't see how it's relevant. Even on TV you can't see numbers well if they're white, black, green, purple, whatever. My Akron Zips have white uniforms with silver text, and silver uniforms with white text, I have yet to see or hear of any issues.

That's because nobody gives a :censored: about your Zips.

Genrally when a foul is called, play stops, and often times, the player that committed the foul will raise their hand. While play is happening, there's really no need for the ref to instantly tell the number of a specific player

Except that's not what happens at all. If you commit your fifth foul, you're not gonna raise your hand. Actually, I never once raised my hand after I committed a foul, unless I knew they were trying to call it on someone else in foul trouble.

6fQjS3M.png

I liked the idea of Florida wearing orange.

The execution was flat out atrocious. Blue numbers, with no white at all, on orange jerseys looked like a smock.

Numbers were tough to read (with no white outline) at the restaurant I was at.

The execution was flat out atrocious. Blue numbers, with no white at all, on orange jerseys looked like a smock.

ap-gators-boynton-at-kentucky.jpg

5971254.jpg

Was this the first time Florida wore these? I didn't like them at all.

spacer.png

ap-gators-boynton-at-kentucky.jpg

5971254.jpg

Was this the first time Florida wore these? I didn't like them at all.

Nope, they wore them earleir this season:

108598574.jpg

Archived