new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to rant . . . I absolutely hate all these gray/charcoal unis. They are flat out ugly. Sure, everyone has done black so let's be "different" with gray, but it looks like crap. I'm quite willing to grandfather in The Ohio State for sporting gray/silver at home for a long time.

The Duke-Maryland game looked absolutely terrible today

Kansas State in gray/blah tonight.

Just want to rant . . . I absolutely hate all these gray/charcoal unis. They are flat out ugly. Sure, everyone has done black so let's be "different" with gray, but it looks like crap. I'm quite willing to grandfather in The Ohio State for sporting gray/silver at home for a long time.

Gray is a color for the 'Cats. I think it's too dark nut they for look good. I'm a fan of the 1-7 Field Artillery patch.

Gray is a color for the 'Cats. I think it's too dark nut they for look good. I'm a fan of the 1-7 Field Artillery patch.

Very valid point, although I associate them more with silver than gray. I'd rather see them in silver similar to what Ohio State has done in the past.

Apparently rumors are circulating on campus, that NC State may wear black jersey's soon for basketball? Personally this is a stupid idea, I know we did it for football for breast cancer, if true could this be the route they take with wearing them, or just another BFBS?

Wearing them tonight against the Dukies. I didn't hear this rumor...

Wait...i thought USF basketball was under armour like football..? And those are hideous, the font and tiny USF script is terrible. The gray just makes it worse

Or is that San Francisco?

No, that's San Francisco. South Florida wears UA in all their sports.

Also, the picture's from sfgate.com, the San Francisco Chronicle's website. :P

Ah sorry, I can't tell where the picture is from on my iPhone. But I knew USF was under armour, that's why I was confused.

They are both called USF.

University of South Florida.

Universty of San Fransico

I know that.

They are both called USF.

University of South Florida.

Universty of San Fransico

I know that.

Sorry, I thought you were replaying to me. I didn't see lenardo's post. My bad.

Wait, I'm confused... how could the camera angle make the socks look like they have vertical stripes?

It doesn't, they are Adidas socks that run vertical.

So you think on the day Nike was using Florida to demonstrate new uniform, sock and shoe technology based around a platinum and neon orange that this kid went out of his way to find adidas socks in the same color?

If you want to be wrong, I can't help you. Unless adidas started putting Nike logos on their socks and only using 2 stripes, those are Nike socks. You can check out the swooshes on the socks in this gallery: http://www.gatorzone.com/gallery/?sport=baskm&gallery_id=1925

Archived