new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

UNC and Maryland going color-vs-color tonight.

Unfortunately, the two colors in question are dark gray and black. <_<

It was ugly.

That's putting it very lightly.

Just peeped the gallery at ESPN.com and it didn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would. I never really had problems with Maryland in black since they get their colors from the state flag of which black is a prominent part, but those grey UNC uniforms are terrible. Shame on them for not having the self-respect to stand up for their traditions, especially when Nike probably wouldn't even be what it is if not for UNC.

:blink:

Ummm.... I'm going to say no on that one.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it was only for schools that have won a national championship while wearing Nike.

True for those ones, but Nike has given many teams grey basketball uniforms over the past 2 seasons that haven't done anything close to winning a national championship.

But these weren't just any old gray uniforms. These were PLATINUM ELITE~! uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Xavier wore throwbacks from 2001 tonight to honor 10 years with nike

Also Kent State wore some awful black jerseys vs. BG tonight

Yes, Kent has had the Black uniforms for a few years and they are BAD. I couldn't care less about the color, it's the execution that makes them look bad. Between Ohio U, Miami, BG, and Kent State the MAC has some very bad uniforms overall.

I think in total Kent has blue, white, black, yellow, and grey. Using 4 different templates total. They think it's "cool" but in reality the school is too cheap to buy new uniforms so they've just been recycling the same ones for the past 5 years.

Yeah, the black uniform is first off a template that is about 5 years old, and secondly the execution is pathetic...they have Black lettering outlined with a thin piping that you could barely see, and I was in the second row

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Well, it was only for schools that have won a national championship while wearing Nike.

True for those ones, but Nike has given many teams grey basketball uniforms over the past 2 seasons that haven't done anything close to winning a national championship.

But these weren't just any old gray uniforms. These were PLATINUM ELITE~! uniforms.

I know which is why I said "those ones."

Just peeped the gallery at ESPN.com and it didn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would. I never really had problems with Maryland in black since they get their colors from the state flag of which black is a prominent part, but those grey UNC uniforms are terrible. Shame on them for not having the self-respect to stand up for their traditions, especially when Nike probably wouldn't even be what it is if not for UNC.

Nike built its empire on the back of UNC's most famous athlete and I believe they were also the first school to actually wear the swoosh on its basketball unis.

Nike built its empire on the back of UNC's most famous athlete and I believe they were also the first school to actually wear the swoosh on its basketball unis.

I believe Georgetown was the first school to wear Nike basketball uniforms. It was Georgetown or Syracuse.

Nike launched its basketball and football (and all sport) Nike Team Sports line during the 1993-1994 season. UNC was one of those schools (along with FSU, Duke Basketball, Michigan, Ohio State, UConn, Arizona, Syracuse, Georgetown, etc....) However, some schools had uniforms with a swoosh on them such as Georgetown and UNLV in the mid-80s and later.

Cincy's new postseason uniforms (I believe they'll also be the unis for all of next season).

AnT_UaiCMAEPa_n.jpg

AnT_fI7CEAAp_Zj.jpg

Bearcats to Sport Exclusive adidas Uniforms in Postseason

March 6, 2012

CINCINNATI ? The University of Cincinnati men?s basketball team has been selected by adidas as one of three programs in the nation to wear the new, ultra-lightweight adizero basketball uniforms throughout its postseason run in the BIG EAST Championship and NCAA tournament, the footwear and apparel company announced jointly with UC today.

Cincinnati will wear the new uniforms beginning at the BIG EAST Championship, March 6-10 at Madison Square Garden. Other schools showcasing the uniforms are Louisville, a fellow BIG EAST Conference member, and 12th-ranked Baylor, a member of the Big 12 Conference.

The new Bearcats? uniforms feature a limited edition design and coloring created only for this year?s postseason run. The uniforms feature a new print using a pixilated pattern instead of a traditional, heavier, solid pattern to shed weight and add speed. The print?s design is inspired by teamwork and working together to attack the court as a group. The amplified school colors pay homage to the high intensity of March Madness and the electrifying play during the NCAA Tournament.

?We are excited to be a part of an elite number of schools that adidas chose to promote on a national stage during March Madness,? UC Director of Athletics Whit Babcock said. ?While the unique uniform color scheme is temporary for the Bearcats, it certainly will draw attention and a younger demographic to our C-Paw logo and our energetic brand of basketball. The technology and new lightweight design of the uniforms is very impressive as well.?

?It?s a compliment to the growth of our program that Cincinnati gets to take part in this unveiling,? UC head coach Mick Cronin said. ?The postseason uniforms are something the players are really going to enjoy.?

The adizero basketball uniform is 40 percent lighter than the Bearcats? previous uniform, enhancing performance. It uses an unlined short to eliminate unnecessary weight and provide a more comfortable, closer fit with compression base layers. The short?s four-way stretch woven materials work with the body?s natural movement to increase mobility. Building on adidas Revolution 30 uniform technology used in the NBA, adidas uniforms feature a ClimaCool Zone which moves heat and sweat away from the body for optimal moisture wicking and breathability.

Players also will wear the new adidas Team Crew basketball sock which uses compression throughout the entire sock for added stability and CLIMALITE moisture wicking technology to reduce weight added by sweating.

?It?s a smart idea to get the chance to play wearing a lighter jersey and it will bring a new look the Bearcats,? UC sophomore guard Sean Kilpatrick said. ?It gives us more recognition and shows that our hard work throughout the year is paying off. To be one of only three schools in the nation to wear these uniforms is unbelievable.?

Since 2006, adidas has been the official outfitter for UC Athletics.

Earlier this season adidas outfitted five college basketball teams with a line of Hawaiian-inspired basketball footwear and apparel for the championship round of the Maui Invitational. Participating teams were host school Chaminade along with Kansas, Michigan, Tennessee and UCLA.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-baskb...12aaa.html

TonyWonder.png

liberty.png

nohk74.jpg

Nike launched its basketball and football (and all sport) Nike Team Sports line during the 1993-1994 season. UNC was one of those schools (along with FSU, Duke Basketball, Michigan, Ohio State, UConn, Arizona, Syracuse, Georgetown, etc....) However, some schools had uniforms with a swoosh on them such as Georgetown and UNLV in the mid-80s and later.

OSU wasn't in that original group, I believe they joined in 1996 or so.

Penn State had swooshes going back to the Kerry Collins/Ki-Jana Carter era. The roads had a blue patch with the white 'NIKE'/Swoosh logo. Above the sleeve numbers where the logo would be in the NFL a few years later.

Cincy's new postseason uniforms (I believe they'll also be the unis for all of next season).

AnT_UaiCMAEPa_n.jpg

AnT_fI7CEAAp_Zj.jpg

Bearcats to Sport Exclusive adidas Uniforms in Postseason

March 6, 2012

CINCINNATI ? The University of Cincinnati men?s basketball team has been selected by adidas as one of three programs in the nation to wear the new, ultra-lightweight adizero basketball uniforms throughout its postseason run in the BIG EAST Championship and NCAA tournament, the footwear and apparel company announced jointly with UC today.

Cincinnati will wear the new uniforms beginning at the BIG EAST Championship, March 6-10 at Madison Square Garden. Other schools showcasing the uniforms are Louisville, a fellow BIG EAST Conference member, and 12th-ranked Baylor, a member of the Big 12 Conference.

The new Bearcats? uniforms feature a limited edition design and coloring created only for this year?s postseason run. The uniforms feature a new print using a pixilated pattern instead of a traditional, heavier, solid pattern to shed weight and add speed. The print?s design is inspired by teamwork and working together to attack the court as a group. The amplified school colors pay homage to the high intensity of March Madness and the electrifying play during the NCAA Tournament.

?We are excited to be a part of an elite number of schools that adidas chose to promote on a national stage during March Madness,? UC Director of Athletics Whit Babcock said. ?While the unique uniform color scheme is temporary for the Bearcats, it certainly will draw attention and a younger demographic to our C-Paw logo and our energetic brand of basketball. The technology and new lightweight design of the uniforms is very impressive as well.?

?It?s a compliment to the growth of our program that Cincinnati gets to take part in this unveiling,? UC head coach Mick Cronin said. ?The postseason uniforms are something the players are really going to enjoy.?

The adizero basketball uniform is 40 percent lighter than the Bearcats? previous uniform, enhancing performance. It uses an unlined short to eliminate unnecessary weight and provide a more comfortable, closer fit with compression base layers. The short?s four-way stretch woven materials work with the body?s natural movement to increase mobility. Building on adidas Revolution 30 uniform technology used in the NBA, adidas uniforms feature a ClimaCool Zone which moves heat and sweat away from the body for optimal moisture wicking and breathability.

Players also will wear the new adidas Team Crew basketball sock which uses compression throughout the entire sock for added stability and CLIMALITE moisture wicking technology to reduce weight added by sweating.

?It?s a smart idea to get the chance to play wearing a lighter jersey and it will bring a new look the Bearcats,? UC sophomore guard Sean Kilpatrick said. ?It gives us more recognition and shows that our hard work throughout the year is paying off. To be one of only three schools in the nation to wear these uniforms is unbelievable.?

Since 2006, adidas has been the official outfitter for UC Athletics.

Earlier this season adidas outfitted five college basketball teams with a line of Hawaiian-inspired basketball footwear and apparel for the championship round of the Maui Invitational. Participating teams were host school Chaminade along with Kansas, Michigan, Tennessee and UCLA.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-baskb...12aaa.html

reminds me of these: L00026162X-FG.jpg

7532947.jpeg

Ok, for UC and Baylor (a stretch) this pattern makes sense. Louisville? No. It should have been feathered. Ugh!

The pattern is camo, not animal scratches.

"The print's camouflage design is inspired by teamwork and working together to attack the court as a group."

And, no, that isn't a joke...

They look good in a vacuum, but not when EVERY Adidas team is wearing them. They should have just left it at Baylor and Cincy.

There are only 3 adidas teams wearing it.

Archived