new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cincinnati will have new uniforms at some point this season, I read an article in the newspaper this morning (yes, I still read a physical newspaper), that said "Coach Cronin also showed them the new uniforms that the Bearcats will wear for the Big East and NCAA Tournaments."

Here's pics of the Aerographic North Carolina uniforms mentioned on the first page: Closer look coming Thursday during Media Day:

7023448.jpeg7023453.jpeg

sa8dz.jpg

White Version

¡Mierda! :cursing:

Seriously, why on God's green earth did they need to add a basketball, did they think people would think they were watching field hockey?

Look closely and the sticky foot is also in there. Also, nice job including the 1924 Helms Foundation bakery retroactive "championship." If only they had the Strutting Ram too....

Now that i've seen the aerographics up close, eh, i'm terribly disappointed. Not that I enjoyed the idea of them to begin with, but it just adds a bunch of "mud" to what has always been a simple and classic uniform.

If it was classy, with the old well, a few year insignias for championships and a strutting ram, it would be tolerable. But it seems like a bunch of clip art around the Old Well, and the State outline...highly disappointed... <_<

Now that i've seen the aerographics up close, eh, i'm terribly disappointed. Not that I enjoyed the idea of them to begin with, but it just adds a bunch of "mud" to what has always been a simple and classic uniform.

If it was classy, with the old well, a few year insignias for championships and a strutting ram, it would be tolerable. But it seems like a bunch of clip art around the Old Well, and the State outline...highly disappointed... <_<

It seems the sentiment has been the same for every aerographic jersey that has come out. Why are people still thinking they are going to like them before they see them?

It seems the sentiment has been the same for every aerographic jersey that has come out. Why are people still thinking they are going to like them before they see them?

I have to admit, I like Nike's graphics on NCAAB uniforms. To me, basketball is more about fashion than actual skill in today's era anyways (which is truly a shame). Even the NBA is watered down to a very below average skill level.

i love the idea of those jerseys. they can be amazing if you get the right artist to do the work.

I think a lot of it has to do with concept instead of execution. A flawed concept will result in a poor final product, no matter how well it's done.

I have to admit, I like Nike's graphics on NCAAB uniforms. To me, basketball is more about fashion than actual skill in today's era anyways (which is truly a shame). Even the NBA is watered down to a very below average skill level.

They don't bother me. I'm just saying every time a new one comes out, people act like the art on the back is going to be amazing and they are always disappointed. I don't remember once where people loved them images on the back (even if they like the idea).

They don't bother me. I'm just saying every time a new one comes out, people act like the art on the back is going to be amazing and they are always disappointed. I don't remember once where people loved them images on the back (even if they like the idea).

How can you not consider these amazing? Especially compared to the North Carolina one...

uconn.jpguconn_actual.jpg

texas.jpgtexas_actual.jpg

Anyhow, i'll let it die and let someone steer this thing back on topic...

i love the idea of those jerseys. they can be amazing if you get the right artist to do the work.

I think a lot of it has to do with concept instead of execution. A flawed concept will result in a poor final product, no matter how well it's done.

it could go either way. i mean most logos i see in sports have a sense of "good concept; poor execution" to them. but yes, concept is king. you should never begin a project without a solid concept or unifying idea.

for that NC State jersey, you could say its an ok concept with an ok execution. like i said, i think that designer is mediocre. theres nothing wrong with it. but nothing very strong about it either. you can easily see the difference in the details and typography there and the work of Joshua Smith. his compositions are filled with appropriate details and have great balance, flow, unity, contrast, and form

How can you not consider these amazing? Especially compared to the North Carolina one...

uconn.jpguconn_actual.jpg

texas.jpgtexas_actual.jpg

Anyhow, i'll let it die and let someone steer this thing back on topic...

They switched artists (im pretty sure for these) a graphic designer Hydra74 did these, and then they changed to some no name, probably in house. There's a totally different feel for all of these after he did the first set. They were agressive and now they are more academic and simple. I prefer his and the earlier ones...

And a side note, Illinois got new jerseys... The simply got rid of the two-tone on the Orange jerseys. Go to 2:15 of the media day video.

At least for what we can see. They also changed the color scheme.

FF_238207_s.jpg

They went white on blue for both numbers and "Illinois". I prefer having the alternating blue on white, white on blue. But I still love the sweat backs we have.

Kentucky, Ohio State, and Miami are reportedly being given the new Nike Lebron 9 shoes. Kentucky is supposed to wear theirs on October 15 for I am guessing Midnight Madness.

Nike-LeBron-9-Kentucky-PE.png

Link to the article: here

Here is a picture of the new Purdue Boilermakers uniforms:

Purdue-Basketball-Hyper-Elite-Jersey-2.jpg

In addition is here is link to the new Marquette uniform design.

Also don't forget that Washington State has new basketball uniforms:

6435711.jpg

Archived