new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

Duke has made a minor change...look at the 5 on Mason Plumlee's jersey compared to last year:

NEW

DSC2220-M.jpg

OLD

ncb_a_plumlee_bl_200.jpg

The new font is a downgrade.

And did Duke darken the blue in their uniforms this year, or is that just the lightning?

Agreed, those new numbers look bad.

I saw the Illinois poster for the first time today and the entire team was wearing the same white jerseys from last year with the split orange/blue wordmark. The same wordmark was at the top of the poster so I think those jerseys are staying at least. If they keep these and change the wordmarks on the orange and blue jerseys to a single color I'll be happy. The split wordmark was a unique idea but it was too hard to read on the orange and blue jerseys.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT SIR! They are keeping the white, and changed the Orange and Blues...

Illinois also has a new court...

http://twitter.com/#!/IlliniDesign/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyfrog.com%2Fke649vsj

That's nice. But then again, I'm a sucker for state outlines on a court.

Oklahoma State's new uniforms

6243474790_0ac9c88248_o.png

Why couldn't Nike use that number font on their new football uniforms? Much better than plain block.

I saw the Illinois poster for the first time today and the entire team was wearing the same white jerseys from last year with the split orange/blue wordmark. The same wordmark was at the top of the poster so I think those jerseys are staying at least. If they keep these and change the wordmarks on the orange and blue jerseys to a single color I'll be happy. The split wordmark was a unique idea but it was too hard to read on the orange and blue jerseys.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT SIR! They are keeping the white, and changed the Orange and Blues...

Illinois also has a new court...

http://twitter.com/#....com%2Fke649vsj

That's nice. But then again, I'm a sucker for state outlines on a court.

The state outline is nice, but the two-tone court, unpainted lanes, floating half circles and complete lack of blue make this court terrible. I can't wait for the day the two-tone trend dies. Also, as an Illinois alum, I dislike when they overdo it with the orange. Orange is generally the primary color, but they need to feature navy, also. I liked the pre-2005 method where the basketball team wore navy for road games and was only allowed to wear orange jerseys for special occassions. They actually had to get approval from the Board of Trustees in 2004 to start wearing orange jerseys regularly.

DNQITSWTYJIXUMR.20111013170136.jpg

I'm not a new fan of my alma mater's new uniforms. :blink:

Who's template is that? I know I've seen it before

Mizzou's

we_B01_ratliffe_1013_t620.jpg?fbf2daa044e08a86b24c9c38cd7501865a0e2373

Didn't Oklahoma have something very similar when Blake Griffin was there?

im an app alum as well. where did u get this pic? these uniforms are kind of plain. go apps!!

Roster page at GoASU.

When did you graduate from App (major?)? Little did I think I'd ever run into another App here.

They've been doing a lot of gray lately. Is that one of their official colors?

im an app alum as well. where did u get this pic? these uniforms are kind of plain. go apps!!

Is it just me or did they misspell "Appalachian" on Number 35's jersey (far right)? Appalachain? And doesn't Number 32's (sitting) say "Appalachan"? Team portrait fail?

Is it just me or did they misspell "Appalachian" on Number 35's jersey (far right)? Appalachain? And doesn't Number 32's (sitting) say "Appalachan"? Team portrait fail?

Hahaha! Good catches!

Ugh! BFBS rears its ugly head again.

No, they are letting Nike run wild with a horrible new identity in hopes of getting people to notice OU's little brother. The worst part is, they have a really good football team this year. If they finish great and line up great recruiting classes, people will say "That's cuz they wore gray and matte helmets!!1!!"

No, they are letting Nike run wild with a horrible new identity in hopes of getting people to notice OU's little brother. The worst part is, they have a really good football team this year. If they finish great and line up great recruiting classes, people will say "That's cuz they wore gray and matte helmets!!1!!"

Grey is one of their official colors: http://www.okstate.edu/osu_orgs/ice/logos.pdf

Was gray one of their colors before this year? Considering the two tone gray nonsense Nike brough to Wazoo, along with adding gray into Boise's set, giving Oklahome State gray jerseys, pants and helmets seems to be Nike being Nike.

Was gray one of their colors before this year? Considering the two tone gray nonsense Nike brough to Wazoo, along with adding gray into Boise's set, giving Oklahome State gray jerseys, pants and helmets seems to be Nike being Nike.

I believe and Okie State fan here said it was. I haven't done any research beyong that.