new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

Was gray one of their colors before this year? Considering the two tone gray nonsense Nike brough to Wazoo, along with adding gray into Boise's set, giving Oklahome State gray jerseys, pants and helmets seems to be Nike being Nike.

I believe and Okie State fan here said it was. I haven't done any research beyong that.

When they unveiled the redesign around 2001, gray was an official color. Some of the logos have gray detail in them, the official O logo and the brand. Check the link above.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roster page at GoASU.

When did you graduate from App (major?)? Little did I think I'd ever run into another App here.

2003 Business Administration Major, there might be a couple of app alums on this board, i have been on this board since 05 or 06, what about you? What do you think the home uniforms will look like, majority gold trim, or black trim.

appsiggold.png

DNQITSWTYJIXUMR.20111013170136.jpg

I'm not a new fan of my alma mater's new uniforms. :blink:

im an app alum as well. where did u get this pic? these uniforms are kind of plain. go apps!!

Is it just me or did they misspell "Appalachian" on Number 35's jersey (far right)? Appalachain? And doesn't Number 32's (sitting) say "Appalachan"? Team portrait fail?

geeez... they absolutley misspelled appalachian on number 35's jersey, i think on number 32's jersey it is just the way the jersey is creased or folded by the way he is sitting.

appsiggold.png

Ugh! BFBS rears its ugly head again.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Black uniforms, just for the sake of having black uniforms, is not a good idea. What's wrong with good ol' gold?

It isn't BFBS if it is an official school color that has consisently been used by athletics for a while.

Black uniforms, just for the sake of having black uniforms, is not a good idea. What's wrong with good ol' gold?

It isn't BFBS if it is an official school color that has consisently been used by athletics for a while.

Bingo. Appalachian State wearing black uniforms is not BFBS.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

New uniforms for Northwestern:

Old

6266709010_99aeac0424.jpg

New

6266181145_f3c43c733f.jpg

I don't really like the front of the new collar, but, otherwise, the new uniforms seem fine.

The old ones didn't scream adidas enough so I'm glad they added the really big 3 stripes on the sides.

New uniforms for Northwestern:

Old

6266709010_99aeac0424.jpg

New

6266181145_f3c43c733f.jpg

I don't really like the front of the new collar, but, otherwise, the new uniforms seem fine.

Font seems weird, not Northwesterns... and the number seems super bulky?

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Font seems weird, not Northwesterns... and the number seems super bulky?

One of my biggest complaints about Northwestern's athletic branding is the lack of a unified font. It seems like every uniform change has a different font. This year's is a little more stylish, but that makes it a little harder to read. I suppose getting all those letters on a basketball uniform and making it look nice and legible is a bit of a challenge.

I hate the New York Knicks and their uniforms, but apparently Florida loves them:

6240812744_5ca08ef740_o.png

I'm sad to see Florida has changed their wordmark to a more blocky one. I didn't know if it was an official change, but it's been up on the website for awhile. Guess it's an official logo change now.

logo_footer.png

Here are the home jerseys:

Gators_Home_Basketball_Jersey_Front.png

Gators_Home_Basketball_Jersey_Back.png

The pattern on the back is the silhouette of Florida's two National Championship trophies in front of alligator skin. There are two stars between the trophies representing the titles.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived