new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does one Bryant jersey have the Nike logo, but the other has the Jordan logo?

I I had to guess because one is for women's basketball and the other is for men's basketball. I don't care for the sumblimanal pattern in the Gators' uniforms.

I hate the New York Knicks and their uniforms, but apparently Florida loves them:

6240812744_5ca08ef740_o.png

I'm sad to see Florida has changed their wordmark to a more blocky one. I didn't know if it was an official change, but it's been up on the website for awhile. Guess it's an official logo change now.

logo_footer.png

Here are the home jerseys:

Gators_Home_Basketball_Jersey_Front.png

Gators_Home_Basketball_Jersey_Back.png

The pattern on the back is the silhouette of Florida's two National Championship trophies in front of alligator skin. There are two stars between the trophies representing the titles.

I figured the two National Championship trophies represented the two titles. Weird. ^_^

Also, I don't always think there has to be consistency between a home and road uniform, but the dark has almost no white, the white has no black. Not a fan of that. I do like the blue ones, just can't figure out why. I hate the sublimated patterns in uniforms. That needs to stop.

IUe6Hvh.png

My team is finally stepping up to the plate with an alternate jersey this basketball season. I really like this new grry jersey that UK will be sporting. I am very interested in seeing the design on the back more clearly. Let's go Cats!

UK-Grey.jpg

If you want to see the new uniforms of the devils team, click here.

spacer.png

My team is finally stepping up to the plate with an alternate jersey this basketball season. I really like this new grry jersey that UK will be sporting. I am very interested in seeing the design on the back more clearly. Let's go Cats!

UK-Grey.jpg

FWIW, Nike made grey Texas uniforms last year and the team never wore them.

UK-Grey.jpg

Okay, Nike made Black uniforms for Kentucky a few years ago and we did wear them once and I expect us to wear these once or twice. It said on the web page to expect to see these 3 or 4 times. I wish we would return to these beauties for a couple of games: I love the whole design of this uniform:

keightleyjersey.jpg

spacer.png

UK-Grey.jpg

Okay, Nike made Black uniforms for Kentucky a few years ago and we did wear them once and I expect us to wear these once or twice. It said on the web page to expect to see these 3 or 4 times. I wish we would return to these beauties for a couple of games: I love the whole design of this uniform:

keightleyjersey.jpg

Nike made Texas black uniforms a few years ago and they wore them, too. Didn't mean Texas wore the grey ones Nike cooked up last season. Texas used to regularly wear silver/grey alts when I was growing up.

UK-Grey.jpg

I love it!

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

UK-Grey.jpg

keightleyjersey.jpg

Nike made Texas black uniforms a few years ago and they wore them, too. Didn't mean Texas wore the grey ones Nike cooked up last season. Texas used to regularly wear silver/grey alts when I was growing up.

I hope we see the grey jerseys, if not, I am down that with too. It's not like I will be seeing them in person anytime soon.

spacer.png

UK-Grey.jpg

Love the grey! Grey was an accent color during the Tubby Smith era and I thought it always complimented really well. We also wore grey once before during the 100th anniversary year.

I didn't mind the black for one game as a tribute to keightley but am strongly opposed to it as a usual trim or alt. jersey color. Black is Duke's thing. They are Royal blue, white, and black. We are Royal Blue and White. If we use a third color to me it better be grey and not black, plus i think it looks good.

As one of the resident NC State fans on this board I figured I'd comment on our changes for this season. On page 5 someone posted the new floor, but since that initial picture of the floor, there has been an update with the RBC Center insignia being applied to the court. While I could do without 5 block "s" logos on the floor, I am a big fan of the modification of the RBC Center logo to something less intrusive while still maintaining their corporate colors. For comparison,

New: 321181_10150358490389383_43767669382_8118448_76925676_n.jpg

Old: RBC-Center-NC-State-Univ.jpg

Also, in an old thread I mentioned how the University was starting to focus on the branding of "State" for our athletic teams. You may have seen the football uniforms now reflecting this branding, and it has moved to the basketball uniforms. Using last season's Adidas template, the jerseys now simply say "State." Also, the shorts now feature block lettering of the word "PACK" on the lower outside corner of the left leg, this was done to reflect the uniforms worn by the '74 and '83 NCAA championship teams. Not visible in this team photo is the shorts, and I've yet to see a good picture of the shorts online.

New: 5738653.jpeg

Old: CJ-Leslie.jpg

'83 Uni: 1983-lorenzo-charles-jim-valvano.jpg

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

Archived