Texas Rangers!

ArthurD

EDIT: MAJOR UPDATE BELOW

Today, my Texas Rangers made it to their second consecutive ALCS, which for a fan that grew up languishing in the bottom of the AL is pretty cool. To celebrate, I created my first set of baseball jerseys. I wanted to combine a few different elements from a few different eras of the team's history.

Starting with the Home set, I didn't change too much, simply because I think our white jerseys look pretty sharp currently. I also ditched red accents in favor for blue (Derek Holland has started dressing the team in red when he pitches, which I like, but then again I also like the blue look...), and added the red T on the hat, which still keeps the red present in the uniform.

I followed that up with the Road greys, where I brought the red back in. To me red just looks better on the road greys.

Then came the blue and red softball tops. Both feature the "Rangers" wordmark across the chest that has disappeared from our jerseys in recent years. Both also come with white pants and matching stirrups.

Finally, I have always liked the Rangers in vested uniforms, so I created one that works with both red and blue accents.

I know that these are pretty close to what the Rangers currently take the field in, and that some people won't like them because of that. I have however, created a set that I'd love to see the Rangers wear, and I think I'm not the only one who would agree with that. C&C would be greatly appreciated!

Go Rangers!

EDIT: I'm also including my fauxiest of fauxback uniforms that takes elements from the 70s, 80s, 90s and today and throws them all together. Enjoy!

Home:

RangersHome.jpg

Away:

RangersAway.jpg

Blue Alternate:

RangersBlueAlternate.jpg

Red Alternate:

RangersRedAlt.jpg

Red Vest Alternate:

RangersRedVestedAlternate.jpg

Blue Vest Alternate:

RangersBlueVestedAlternate.jpg

Full Set:

FullSet.jpg

Fauxbacks:

RangersFauxbacks.jpg

I think you have a good start. I would consider arching the names on the back of the jerseys and perhaps lower them a bit. I would also consider making the letters on the front and back of the colored jerseys the same color as it makes the uniform look cleaner. Third, I would change "Texas" to "Rangers" on the home jerseys. You're on the right track, you just need a few tweaks.

I don't really like it. You don't really fix any of the issues with the current set. You keep the black drop shadow in some places but not others, you get rid of their piping that nobody else in the majors has in exchange for a more generic look, and it just doesn't work. The names should be arched and the back numbers should be smaller.

As far as a way to very much keep the Rangers current look but improve it, I'd look at the new Round Rock Express look. They got the numbers right.

Leonys%2BMartin%2B05.JPG

This concept takes the rangers main problem and magnifies it by 1000 if you look at the one with all 6, if you took off the logos you would think they were two separate teams. The Rangers need to decide if they are a blue team with red or a red team with blue, you need to do the same.

The fauxback is just plain bad IMO I would blow it up and start over.

This all has lots of potential but you need to rethink some of the details.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

IMO this is a huge improvement, I really like all of them.

The one thing is I've never seen a team use a grey alternate, so I'd drop the grey Alt 3 and maybe add a red bill to all the blue hats and a blue bill to the red hats. Those things aren't really critiques more just my preferences and what I'd do if it were my concept.

P.S. That faxback is simplistic beauty, much much muc better than the first one.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

IMO this is a huge improvement, I really like all of them.

The one thing is I've never seen a team use a grey alternate, so I'd drop the grey Alt 3 and maybe add a red bill to all the blue hats and a blue bill to the red hats. Those things aren't really critiques more just my preferences and what I'd do if it were my concept.

P.S. That faxback is simplistic beauty, much much muc better than the first one.

I thought about re-doing the Rangers current team in the mid/late 80's look completely, but it looked a bit too much like the LA Dodgers. I'll post the rest of the series if you're interested in seeing them. Thanks for the C&C, glad you like the updates.

It's nice, but as an A's fan, I am obligated to say that I hate it.

Sorry, but this is still true.

If you want to get technical about it, an A's fan said a Rangers set was nice twice. And said they were sorry about thinking it. So I'll take it. I was thinking about doing the entire AL West, which would include your A's. Interested?

It's nice, but as an A's fan, I am obligated to say that I hate it.

Sorry, but this is still true.

Maybe you shouldn't post in concept threads if you're not mature enough to put your team partisanship aside and provide objective constructive criticism.

Just a thought.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived