Idaho Vandals

Ry

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very Zephyr and not so classy.

I don't know for sure but wouldn't Nike have a hand in this?

I guess maybe I'm one of the few who actually like these additions to the overall brand. Being from Moscow, ID and growing up watching the Vandals, I like how they are trying to break out and try some new things. IMO they have been very bland in the design department for a long time.

Also, they have been trying to work in the silver a bit more lately (silver stoke around the jersey numbers and "I" logo) but I wouldn't mind seeing some more worked into the design. Maybe I'll work on a new concept for them one of these days.

The change is new logos:

NENAFAPVROBONZS.20111007212455.jpgCRRXUNHWLYAZKAW.20111007212445.jpg

KWKLWMLDXUQTKOL.20111007212441.jpg

OMIBHUPVKSEVBHC.20111007212453.jpg

Additionally, this article states that their current logo will stay as it is. So, yeah CHANGE!but not really.

Yikes. Looks very minor-league, like something for an Arena Football team. Certainly not a FBS-level logo, IMO.

Really dislike the \7 V. Doesn't work at all.

I'm not sure if this was stated before but the "V", or the "\7" as some of you are calling it, is not a new thing. They just took the script "V" out of their other logo from the word Vandals, set it on it's own and changed it up a little. It's just the script font type that makes it look like there is a 7 in there.

logo.png

Also they wore it on their helmets for this last weekends game. Not sure if this is a permanent change but I think it looks alright. Maybe recolor it to silver instead of white.

IDQQVPHFKFNUMBF.20111009005928.jpg

Do you think someone could put these new logos and any other logos not shown on the CCSL Idaho Vandals page here? I think there is a lot that is missing as the current primary is a bit different then the one on there. Here is a link to the offical UofI brand guide if you want to upload those to the site. http://www.uihome.uidaho.edu/uihome/brg/images/UI_BrandGuide-jan08v1.pdf. You can download some here.

And then I laugh some more because Idaho hasn't been relevant in any sport since 1989.

A quick digression, but it's amazing to think that when Boise State and Idaho made the jump to I-A in the mid-90s, the two football programs were on par with each other. I remember visiting Boise in 1994 and all everyone could talk about was the matchup between two I-AA top 10 teams in BSU and Idaho--I didn't care about I-AA football because like many from the eastern part of the state, I grew up a BYU fan. Anyway, that 27-24 BSU win was the turning point it seems--up until then Idaho dominated the rivalry. Then both schools made the jump and BSU has never looked back.

Idaho and Boise State were both perennial contenders in the Big Sky when they moved. But after they moved up, Idaho has had trouble recruiting, maybe partially due to the fact that another I-A/FCS team is right next door (Washington State) or maybe because their facilities aren't that great, who knows.

I miss the days the Vandals and Broncos would come play my Montana State Bobcats!

• 1 month later...
And then I laugh some more because Idaho hasn't been relevant in any sport since 1989.

A quick digression, but it's amazing to think that when Boise State and Idaho made the jump to I-A in the mid-90s, the two football programs were on par with each other. I remember visiting Boise in 1994 and all everyone could talk about was the matchup between two I-AA top 10 teams in BSU and Idaho--I didn't care about I-AA football because like many from the eastern part of the state, I grew up a BYU fan. Anyway, that 27-24 BSU win was the turning point it seems--up until then Idaho dominated the rivalry. Then both schools made the jump and BSU has never looked back.

Idaho and Boise State were both perennial contenders in the Big Sky when they moved. But after they moved up, Idaho has had trouble recruiting, maybe partially due to the fact that another I-A/FCS team is right next door (Washington State) or maybe because their facilities aren't that great, who knows.

I miss the days the Vandals and Broncos would come play my Montana State Bobcats!

Maybe your Bobcats and the Griz should come up to the WAC already so we can play again every year. I do miss those days as well. I grew up in Moscow, ID and loved watching John Friesz and the Vandals rip up the Big Sky. Maybe they will do well in the WAC in the next few years again.

Archived