Lions are insane?

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lions are young... Learning how not to beat yourself or take yourself out of the game is one lesson that both the young coach and young team are going to have to figure out for themselves.

Also, they've had quite the schedule the last 9 weeks, with 8 of their last 9 opponents currently having a .500 record or better:

- Dallas

- Chicago (x2 w/Cutler)

- San Francisco

- Atlanta

- Denver

- Green Bay

- New Orleans

The current combined record of those teams is 57-25. That's about as tough of a scheduling run as you are going to find. Carolina was the only team with a -.500 record, but you saw what they did today to Tampa Bay... So, looking at the silver lining, coming out that run at 4-5 is not bad. Now, if only the stupid mental errors would stop.

I think the Lions could probably pull a 3-1 the rest of the way to go 10-6. Minnesota, Oakland, San Diego, Green Bay. At the start of the week I didn't think 9-7 would have been good enough to make it in the NFC, who knows now. I think the loser of the Dallas/NY Giants 2 game series will probably miss out on the playoff.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Yes, but if they don't have a coach who can keep them in line, they won't go far in those playoffs.

Because once there, they'll face only the best teams and won't be able to get away with making stupid mistakes.

I don't think Schwartz fails to keep them in line, I think he actively encourages them to step out of line. Which is much worse, in my opinion.

I think you may be right.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Lions are young... Learning how not to beat yourself or take yourself out of the game is one lesson that both the young coach and young team are going to have to figure out for themselves.

Also, they've had quite the schedule the last 9 weeks, with 8 of their last 9 opponents currently having a .500 record or better:

- Dallas

- Chicago (x2 w/Cutler)

- San Francisco

- Atlanta

- Denver

- Green Bay

- New Orleans

The current combined record of those teams is 57-25. That's about as tough of a scheduling run as you are going to find. Carolina was the only team with a -.500 record, but you saw what they did today to Tampa Bay... So, looking at the silver lining, coming out that run at 4-5 is not bad. Now, if only the stupid mental errors would stop.

Agreed. At least 3 more of those games could've been won. Once this team overcomes those mental mistakes, they could have the making of an elite team.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Archived