NFL Uniforms 2011 (Week 5)

nuordr

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To get this week started, here is what the Texans will be wearing against the Raiders:

HoustonTexanshomejerseyinusesince2002.gif

I don't know why I keep thinking this, but I feel as if the navy helmet and navy jerseys seems to be a bad combo. I am craving a red jersey option with white pants. Again, maybe I'm way off base, but I can't help but think that. Maybe the Falcons are starting to affect me.

To get this week started, here is what the Texans will be wearing against the Raiders:

HoustonTexanshomejerseyinusesince2002.gif

I don't know why I keep thinking this, but I feel as if the navy helmet and navy jerseys seems to be a bad combo. I am craving a red jersey option with white pants. Again, maybe I'm way off base, but I can't help but think that. Maybe the Falcons are starting to affect me.

That is coming on October 30th versus the Jacksonville Jaguars.

spacer.png

Pats are wearing 1985 Pat Patriot throwbacks against the Jets this week.

I prefer the '63 AFL ones, but I'll take what I can get.

I haven't looked into it, but isn't this just a difference in their pant stripe combo?

There's quite a few differences

tom_brady_yell.jpg

TOM-BRADY-thumb-590x394-62544.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Saints' pregame e-mail says they'll be in black jerseys, so Carolina must be going all white. They don't have any other pants other than white, do they?

They have the silver pants, but they never wear those with white jerseys.

They did in 1998:

lg_broughton_ap_01.jpg

lg_faulk_ap_01.jpg

The Saints' pregame e-mail says they'll be in black jerseys, so Carolina must be going all white. They don't have any other pants other than white, do they?

They did in 1998:

lg_broughton_ap_01.jpg

lg_faulk_ap_01.jpg

WOW. I never knew that. Was that game the only time they ever did it?

Go A's!

Pats are wearing 1985 Pat Patriot throwbacks against the Jets this week.

I prefer the '63 AFL ones, but I'll take what I can get.

>>>>

So do I ... their AFL version is much better IMO

09000d5d812a1e31_gallery_600.jpg

The striping and socks look classic rather than dated, as I find the 80s unis to be.

I liked those old Bills throwbacks too. Something just doesn't work for me with the new look. I haven't been able to put my finger on it though. The road unis are just too much white, and the blue jersey doesn't seem to look to be the same shade as the Bills blue from the AFL or 90s Superbowl eras.

Place the current Bills logo on that uniform and Buffalo would've had the best uniform in the NFL....oh well.

As for the Patriots, I love the red striped socks with the classic Minuteman uniform versus the dated white socks (my main complaint with the current Browns all-white look as well).

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

The thing with Pat Patriot, if he's the most complicated and intricate sports log ever, or whatever they say about him. Then why is he on a buttload of hats, shirts, etc. It's not like anyone is being asked to paint it on anything.

Flying Elvis was bad to start with, but as the years have gone on, and the team has moved further from that identity uni-wise, it just looks out of place. Just like the disembodied mid-90s Jags and Panthers heads.

Place the current Bills logo on that uniform and Buffalo would've had the best uniform in the NFL....oh well.

>>>>>>>

I could have EASILY lived with that look, but I did want our word-mark below the NFL shield, but yea, everything else as-is. I bought that white authentic jersey with the AFL-50 patch and it's my favorite in my collection. I wear it more than all others. I got Stevie's # 13

I still like the grazing red Bison better, but there seems to be somewhere around a 60-40 split on that among fans, in favor of the charging Bison.

Have you figured out yet if we'll be seeing Cleveland's brown jersey at any of their upcoming away venues? Your white on white look is okay, but getting old quick. I've always liked the brown & white best, orange pants would make a good occasional change-up IMO.

Might look better with black shoes .... hmmmm.gif

4774014.jpg

They did in 1998:

lg_broughton_ap_01.jpg

lg_faulk_ap_01.jpg

WOW. I never knew that. Was that game the only time they ever did it?

Yes, that's the only time.

>>>>>>

I would SOOOOOO like to see the Patriots wear their 1960 helmet with navy blue jerseys as an alternate.

P_FT_H_F_AT_TB_Patriots60.jpg

or ............ the 1963 Pat Patriot throwback but with a blue jersey matching the blue coat color of the logo that's on their helmet, with slight red trim..

Red was never right as a jersey color for a team called 'Patriots' .... the red was too British ... Old paintings I've seen from the Revolutionary War era the Patriots wore navy blue jackets with red inner trim. My dad used to constantly point that out and laugh at them and Mr Sullivan whenever we'd see the Bills play them on TV. Back then I was a bit too young to understand, I liked the red on them at the time.

Archived