NFL Uniforms 2011 (Week 5)

nuordr

Pats are wearing 1985 Pat Patriot throwbacks against the Jets this week.

I prefer the '63 AFL ones, but I'll take what I can get.

I haven't looked into it, but isn't this just a difference in their pant stripe combo?

There's quite a few differences

tom_brady_yell.jpg

TOM-BRADY-thumb-590x394-62544.jpg

I don't care whether it's the 60s or the 80s, just as long as they're wearing Pat rather than Elvis.

I have to agree that the '63 set looks better overall. Better socks, better pant striping, no outline for the numbers and different helmet stripe. But I would love to see the '63 set with a white helmet and the flying elvis.

I'd love to see shoulder loops that match the sock stripes on these, and I'd either change the helmet to match the pants, or change the pants to match the helmet, but yes, these are just a lot of fun.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tom_brady_yell.jpg

I'd love to see shoulder loops that match the sock stripes on these, and I'd either change the helmet to match the pants, or change the pants to match the helmet, but yes, these are just a lot of fun.

>>>>>>>>

I disagree Andrew (unless you mean going back to that look permanently) .... if a team is wearing a throwback, keep it genuine. I would be shocked if the Patriots ever went back to that look other than wearing them as throwbacks twice a year.

The only exception for alterations is if a team had worn both stripes and jersey numbers on the sleeves back in the day, then alter it by moving the jersey numbers to the shoulders.

When the Steelers came out with their so-called throwbacks, I was disappointed. That set was concocted from multi-throwback looks. I was expecting the logo to say 'STEEL', the face-mask to be gray, and the pants to be that light khaki color which are the ones I believe they wore in 1962.

f00463a7ee7d45f829a6a7e426ade240-getty-128762829.jpg

The Jets obviously sucked today (really, barely 200 yards against that swiss cheese D???) but that looks fantastic...also the photo choice was NOT a coincidence on my part.

Not a fan of anyone getting anywhere near Brady, but I loved the uni matchup, not to mention the outcome. They should play that matchup on Xmas. Santa would get such a fan boner he wouldn't be able to get down the chimney.

I tell you, those classic Pats uniforms are just awesome. Would love to see those more.

Also, the weather for the first 3 Bills home games has been spectacular. I really love the way those red/white/blue colors pop in the sunshine and against the opposition uni's.

128804138_crop_650x440.jpg?1318196307

Am I the only one who hates every aspect of the various Pat Patriot throwbacks? They're just not very good NFL uniforms - very generic, very old-school collegiate, with super-ugly helmets. I wish the Pats would throw back to any of the first three "blue era" uniforms.

That is what's so beautiful about them. I'll take that traditional iconic uniform over the :censored: Arena Football League look that the Vikings, Falcons, and Cardinals ruined their uniforms with any day.

Plus, the NFL has regulated how many times a team can wear their alternate, so the rare sighting is nice.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Those Bills unis don't do it for me. I don't know just what it is about them, but I preferred the 90s look, hell even the last set, to these. I know I am in the minority, but I think these suck.

The 90's look was a NY Giants wanna be clone (minus the red helmet) and the previous look was the worst in the NFL (actually worse than the current Vikings...yea, that's bad).

It's the odd stripe size and angle of them on their new uni's that make them seem a bit off. If the Bills would've just used their AFL Anniversary uniforms with the current buffalo they would've hit a home run. But that being said, their new look is still soooooo much better than the previous monstrosity.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Those Bills unis don't do it for me. I don't know just what it is about them, but I preferred the 90s look, hell even the last set, to these. I know I am in the minority, but I think these suck.

I love the helmet and the blue color, but the striping on the jersey just seems off to me. I am like you, I liked their previous set better than these. However, if they would just make a few minor changes to the striping, color the facemask blue or red, and for the love of everything wear the blue pants, then this look would not be that bad.

Am I the only one who hates every aspect of the various Pat Patriot throwbacks? They're just not very good NFL uniforms - very generic, very old-school collegiate, with super-ugly helmets. I wish the Pats would throw back to any of the first three "blue era" uniforms.

I used to like these throwbacks, but while watching the game yesterday, I realized like you that these uniforms look generic. I would rather have the team introduce a new red alternate jersey than go back to this design in future games. The current set that the Patriots have is one of my favorite in the NFL and instead of going old school, I would rather see them update their current look with red.

spacer.png

Archived