Logolympiad Voting: Event #5

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bronze=Pittunited, looks like a Will Smith album circa 1998

Thanks.... I think... :D

ETA: Sorry, WiB... I read mac's post before I read yours. Won't happen again...

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

1. Clannhoran - something about this looks like a very real CD, I couldn't get it out of my head. Well done.

2. Robbman - The amount of work and thought you put into it, original photo, the clock, the sweat... very nice. Oh yeah, and.. nice subject. When are you sharing more?

3. Walrus - How can you argue with all original art. He hand drew the whole thing? Awesome.

HM - Joel - Sweet ass devil dude. That hair style is classic, you should sport it more often.

Mockba.. the only one who used as much Photoshop on his photo as I. Nicely done.

Primal - The red tone really looked great, set an awesome mood.

Avenger - very nicely done, clean, excellent.

Gosh, and like 100 more... well done, guys... a ton of great entries.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well looks like I'll be the last one voting for this event,and I was worried I was'nt going to make it in time.So....after tough debate(and plenty of excellent entries)

there were 3 that really stood out to me.

Gold-United Waffle....As soon as I saw your cover using the pre-WTC pic of

downtown NYC I said to myself 'THAT is excellent!'I don know what it was other

than the photo used but it just had a real musical feel to it.

Silver-Avenger.....Simple design but used with complex elements,another one

that realistically looked like an album cover.Brilliance again and I think you could

win a medal in every event you entered if you chose to.

Bronze-Paynomind....Reminds me so much of a Finger 11 video.This again was

simple excellence and something I could see in a jewel case.Just want to get it

out and say that he had my vote once I saw his concept and NOT because he

voted for my mine.I think you do excellent work Payno and I think excellent

art should be rewarded.

NOW....that being said I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who voted for me in this event.Thanks for all the kind words on my concept and thanks for the compliments on my g/f,who without Rachel NONE of this would have been possible.

I know I'm gonna fall a little short but that's okay because to me I'm the 'small market' team of the Logolympiad!LOL!!I'm gonna continue to enter the events and compete and just be happy and content doing that and any votes that may/may not come my way is just icing :)

Last note I want to add is about the requests for more Rachel pics.If I got enough replies to this or if someone posted a poll or something I would gladly post all the other ones I have including the 'photo shoot' from where my album cover pic came from.I would do it anyway,BUT I would prefer to get a majority on it first OR I would like to hear from CC or any other senior member if it would be okay to do a thread on her since it's so way off topic and I dont wanna be the jerk who posts his g/f on the logos thread.Make sense??At any rate thanks again to all and great job to all....and thanks to WiB for just giving 'small market Robb' a chance to compete :notworthy:

98Falcons.png

Gold-United Waffle....As soon as I saw your cover using the pre-WTC pic of downtown NYC I said to myself 'THAT is excellent!'I don know what it was other than the photo used but it just had a real musical feel to it.

The picture itself (I'm 99% sure...my best guess based on my rapidly fuzzying memories and the perspective based on locations, etc.) is from the WTC observation deck overlooking Brooklyn. Hence August in Brooklyn.

Maybe I'd be doing better if I'd explained the symbolism beforehand. Eh... ^_^

Ahhhh okay!Makes sense now since the WTC cant be seen.I just assumed it was an aireal shot from over the Hudson or something.A quick story:I visited NYC for the only time on Father's Day 1990(my dad lived in E.Rutherford) and my biggest memory even before 9-11 was of standing beside the WTC south tower and looking straight-up,and not being able to see the top of it.Dont know why that made such an impression on me.I wanted to go to the very top but my extreme fear of heights at the time wouldnt let me.Always thought I would go back at another time,you know.Anyways,that really is a great pic.

98Falcons.png

Last note I want to add is about the requests for more Rachel pics.If I got enough replies to this or if someone posted a poll or something I would gladly post all the other ones I have including the 'photo shoot' from where my album cover pic came from.I would do it anyway,BUT I would prefer to get a majority on it first OR I would like to hear from CC or any other senior member if it would be okay to do a thread on her since it's so way off topic and I dont wanna be the jerk who posts his g/f on the logos thread.Make sense??

I'm sure that would fit in well in the Babe of the Week thread in The Lounge.

Wow. Another close one.

One vote separated 3rd from 4th, and I couldn't resist throwing in a bonus point for the one I would have voted for, so I'm awarding 2 bronze medals.

Here you go, kids...

medal5b.gifmedal5b.gifUnited Waffles & Chapi

medal5s.gifPaynomind

medal5g.gifAvenger (63 points breaks his own record of 52... unstoppable at this point)

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Well done, fellow designers!

Thank you so much for your votes. I realize it must have felt like sticking your neck out to vote for me, so I doubly appreciate it this time.

I'm glad my design was enjoyed and appreciated, I really like it a lot myself, so it is nice to see the world agree!

Avenger, wow, what a convincing win!

Thats three golds for you? I think you have to design with your left hand for the rest of the logolympiad now, to give everyone else a chance! Well done, sir!

So many GREAT designs this time, we should have given out Nickel, Aluminum, copper, tin, steel, iron, and mercury medals in this one!

Thanks again for all your work, WiB. what a GREAT set of contests!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived