Why Did Everyone Blow Off Sam Ryan?

rmackman

Prince Fielder blew off TBS's Sam Ryan to go talk to ESPN's Pedro Gomez. Then, Nyjer Morgan dropped a few F-bombs on live TV (truth be told I don't think he was aware that Sam had a mic under his arm when he cursed because he'd turned his back to her), and when he turned to face Sam he told her "I got nothing for ya, Sam!" Ryan Braun was the only player willing to talk to her. Anyone have any idea why this is? Just bad luck for Sam?

450x362-alg_sam_ryan.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Probably just way too excited to notice her. First playoff series win for the Brewers in years. I'm gonna say just it was just out of the euphoria of winning that they blew her off.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I don't think its anything against Sam.

I think its just a situation where you have a team that's been right on the edge for a bunch of years and finally broke through and the last thing players are gonna want to do in that situation is talk to a reporter.

I know Mike Schmidt said one of the biggest regrets of his career was doing a two hour sitdown interview immediately following the Phillies 1980 WS win rather then celebrating with his teamates.

Prince Fielder was more emotional than an old lady at church so he was all over the place, & Nyjer Morgan was in in 200% Tony Plush mode. I'm pretty sure they would've ignored anybody in the world at that point.

Crazy finish, eh?

Prince Fielder blew off MLB Network's Sam Ryan to go talk to ESPN's Pedro Gomez.

Ever noticed how Pedro Gomez's reports sound like a nursery rhyme on Sesame Street?

"I'm Pedro Gomez. I'm live at Turner Field. Turner Field is in Atlanta, GA. I had some popcorn for lunch. Popcorn is made from corn. I'm Pedro Gomez, reporting for ESPN."

About the only thing worse on ESPN is the dyke duo of Pam Ward and Beth Mowens.

Favourite Logos:I like a lot of the logos from the early 90s. My signature is proof of that (and a representation of my favorite teams).

Every time I read a BgMack post and I see this, it's like who could ever be mean to this guy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Favourite Logos:I like a lot of the logos from the early 90s. My signature is proof of that (and a representation of my favorite teams).

Every time I read a BgMack post and I see this, it's like who could ever be mean to this guy. facebook_like_small.original.jpg

...and to think I thought everyone was just nice to me because I've been around for a long time, they enjoy my occasional opinions on things, and I know how to spell. Nope...it's because I like logos from the early 90s. :grin:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I think that nobody was trying to blow her off, they were just so excited. I remember some instances in the past, like in the 2008 NBA finals. 20 seconds after the buzzer had sounded the sideline reporter pulled aside Kevin Garnett to talk to him, and he could barely even talk.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived