Tampa Bay Lightning Redesign

bigbadbruins

The Lightning organization seems to be pretty attached to their new identity. Everybody else in the world, is not. With this concept, I tried to incorporate their new and old identities, including black silver in the newly designed logo. I went back to the black jerseys but kept the Lightning's new liking for stripes.

lightningconceptfullcopy.jpg

cupphoto.jpg

That primary logo is FANTASTIC!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I like the addition of black, however I feel like the secondary is now disjointed from the rest of the look, because it's missing half of the colors in the color scheme. This is a nice update, though. I saw them on ESPN this weekend and thought I was watching Toronto highlights.

This is actually really nice, but just 2 things:

-I don't like to font. It looks to odd and out-of-place

-Try to incorporate more silver/grey into the jerseys.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I like the addition of black, however I feel like the secondary is now disjointed from the rest of the look, because it's missing half of the colors in the color scheme. This is a nice update, though. I saw them on ESPN this weekend and thought I was watching Toronto highlights.

As for the secondary logo, I thought I'd keep it simple, but the straight blue just doesn't fit with the rest of the design.. Definitely going to fix that.

This is actually really nice, but just 2 things:

-I don't like to font. It looks to odd and out-of-place

-Try to incorporate more silver/grey into the jerseys.

The number font? I prefer The Lightning's block font so I figured I'd stick with that, plus I hate stylized number fonts... I'll work on a more modern block font. And as I was working on the jersey, I originally had silver as some piping to the stripes, but then remembered Tampa Bay has never included silver striping into their jerseys (excluding alternate), Edge or pre-Edge. So I figured I'd keep with their short history and exclude the silver.

I'll upload some updates and a new alternate soon.

cupphoto.jpg

Add a blue outline to the away numbers, and it's perfect. Great job on these: I like their old jerseys, but this would the best thing they've even worn. As for the alt, interesting idea. Much better than that garbage third they currently wear, but still not perfect. I recommend adding some black to bring out the blue. Also, ditch the pit stains. Great work on these, though. These would become one of the top 10 jersey sets (with the update) in the league IMO if introduced.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I love the new logos you made... it reminds me of their older logos while obviously being based off the new one. I'm not so fond of the jerseys... I can't put my finger on it, but it might have to do with there being a very round logo and very blocky jersey striping.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The logo is probably the best fix I've seen yet. Not only does it fix the actual new logo, but it puts it in the perspective of the franchise history REALLY well.

I absolutely love the black jersey. That striping pattern is perfect. I'd switch the number outline to blue, but that's probably the only change I'd even think about.

The other jerseys are alright. the blue will blend with the black an awful lot on the white, and the BOLTS jersey is meh (i think it's mainly the logo. Look more to Air Force for a good blue/gray sweater), but that logo is perfect.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The primary logo is definitely the best part of this concept. It actually represents the Stanley Cup winning team of 2004.

That being said the jerseys definitely need some work. The Black bleeds into the blue on the away and the phantom shoulder yoke is not working.

Archived