Arizona awarded Super Bowl XLIX

TBGKon

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/10/tampa-bay-arizona-super-bowl-xlix-2015/1

Well it was between them and Tampa Bay, and with neither getting the necessary 75% of the vote in the first ballot, Arizona wins on Ballot #2.

Now we all can assume that if Los Angeles has a team by 2016 that they will host Super Bowl's 50th Anniversary, but let's say they dont have a team by then, does the NFL try to have the game in the Rose Bowl or Coliseum or go elsewhere

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now we all can assume that if Los Angeles has a team by 2016 that they will host Super Bowl's 50th Anniversary, but let's say they dont have a team by then, does the NFL try to have the game in the Rose Bowl or Coliseum or go elsewhere

I bet it'll go to Lambeau for the "tradition" factor.

I bet it'll go to Lambeau for the "tradition" factor.

As much as I'd like to see that, no. Not enough hotel rooms.

But I can see a return to Los Angeles. Back where it all began.

mod redacted

As for Super Bowl L (seriously? L?), it won't be in LA unless they have a new stadium. Over the last eight years or so the NFL has used Super Bowls to reward cities for building new stadiums. That is why the games won't be held in San Diego again. Atlanta won't get another until they build Blank a new stadium. Indy, Detroit and Jacksonville got their one bite at the apple each, and so will any southern or domed stadium. However, until LA and/or SD build new stadiums, the game will rotate between Dallas, Miami, Tampa and Arizona with Houston and New Orleans thrown in once a decade or so.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If Los Angeles can get a franchise in there in the next two years and get that stadium built in time, it will get Super Bowl L.

If not, the floodgates will be wide open, with a slew of bidders. My pick, from most likely to least (and none really bad):

1. Santa Clara, California - provided the 49'ers new stadium is in place by then.
  2. Miami, Florida - Joe Robbie/Dolphin/Insert Your Corporate Name Here for $9.99 Stadium allegedly will be undergoing renovations soon.
  3. Tampa, Florida - They didn't get XLIX so they'll be a front-runner for L.
  4. Houston, Texas - It will have been 12 years since Houston hosted, so they might be a sentimental pick.
  5. Dallas, Texas - If it's pure revenue generation they're looking for, Dallas is the place.

Others that could submit bids but likely wouldn't get selected include Atlanta, Charlotte, Detroit, and Washington.

nav-logo.png

Archived