Mod redacted

Mod redacted

Mod redacted

Mod redacted

Mod redacted

Mod redacted

Sounds like somebody said the P-L word!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Now we all can assume that if Los Angeles has a team by 2016 that they will host Super Bowl's 50th Anniversary, but let's say they dont have a team by then, does the NFL try to have the game in the Rose Bowl or Coliseum or go elsewhere

I bet it'll go to Lambeau for the "tradition" factor.

As much as I'd like to see that, no. Not enough hotel rooms.

But I can see a return to Los Angeles. Back where it all began.

Only if we get a team back within 2-3 years. The NFL would prefer Super Bowl 50 to be played in either the new Farmers Field or Grand Crossings.

Speaking of Super Bowl logos, I hope to God they quit the whole bland totalitarian 1984-Orwell like of doing it after SB 49. The last pic is essentially the logo already ready:

superbowl_8.jpg

I hope that if LA gets SB 50, they use this logo and font style to commemorate the return to Los Angeles:

500px-Super_Bowl_I_Logo.svg.png

I can't see Lambeau getting a Super Bowl. Yes, the NFL has allowed a cold weather city in NY, but NY also has the rest of the necessary concessions like hotel rooms, convention center, etc.

And we have a winner! Green Bay (and Wisconsin) have the support infrastructure built up to support 8 Packers games, and pre-season and playoffs. They do not have anywhere near the infrastructure for entertainment, lodging, and travel to host a party on the scale of the Super Bowl. Shoot, they don't really have the infrastructure to support a Big Ten championship game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

For a second I misread the Super Bowl number and thought the NFL was retroactively giving them the win because Ben Roethlisburger raped another girl.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I know this sounds stupid, but what about Super Bowl 50 in Detroit? The city is majorly on the uprise and who knows what it will be like in 2016. I think it would be cool because it would be exactly ten years after Super Bowl XL was in Detroit.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I know this sounds stupid, but what about Super Bowl 50 in Detroit? The city is majorly on the uprise and who knows what it will be like in 2016. I think it would be cool because it would be exactly ten years after Super Bowl XL was in Detroit.

The NFL media contingent is a bunch of spoiled brats. They whined Detroit was too cold and there was nothing to do and they whined Jacksonville didn't have the finest caviar or whatever the hell it was. Both cities were torn to shreds and will never get another Superbowl.

Edit: I forgot that the media was mortified in SB41 when it rained. Even though it was somehow the first time out of 41 years that it rained, it was unacceptable, and there was talk the NFL wouldn't go back to Miami unless they get some sort of retractable roof built (or maybe that is just how Dolphins' ownership pitched it). The NFL and media were also furious about the snow in Dallas this year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL make Dallas wait another 10 years or so to punish them for allowing it to snowing.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

As much as I'd love to see a Green Bay Lambeau Frozen Tundra Superbowl, right now it is logistically impossible. If somehow things come together for it, that would be awesome. But I'm being a realist.

If it is LA that would be cool. Site of I, site of L (1/50). Keeping with somewhat the theming of the recent logos I quick mocked this up, (yeah I know it's the Batman font lol) but it kinda fits with the Gotham of the West. The colors tie together nicely with today's logos and hearkening back to the Raiders.

SuperBowL50.png

packchampionslfroh.png

Stupid question, but is there any reason why places like St. Louis and Charlotte haven't at least TRIED to bid for a Super Bowl?

Edward Jones Dome lacks the seats.

Charlotte is a tad on the cold side.

Fair enough, I had thought Charlotte was slightly warmer in February, but I was wrong.

As for STL, I guess I thought the dome seated more.

Stupid question, but is there any reason why places like St. Louis and Charlotte haven't at least TRIED to bid for a Super Bowl?

St. Louis has the Dome and all the other infrastructure necessary mininally to host a Super Bowl, but of course, there's the stadium situation in regards to the Rams. Charlotte meets the stadium capacity requirement (approximately 74,000), and the average temperature there during February is 56 degrees; who knows if the media will bitch and moan about the weather like in Dallas, Detroit, and Atlanta. Another aspect is that, much like with the NBA All-Star weekends, some cities may not want to go through the stress of hosting such a big event (especially for two weeks), even if the potential revenues outweighs the risks.

I would love too to see a Super Bowl played at Lambeau, but places like St. Louis and Charlotte will get a Super Bowl in our lifetimes before Green Bay ever gets consideration. Hell, Buffalo would host a Super Bowl before Green Bay ever does.

Because the stadium is an on-spec warehouse of crap.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived