ABA Team Hires Female Coach

JamesCraven

Nashville, Tenn. - (AP) - Former Vanderbilt women's basketball star Ashley McElhiney, 22, was introduced yesterday [5/17] as the new coach of the expansion Nashville Rhythm of the American Basketball Association, becoming the first female head coach of a professional men's basketball team.

Two questions:

• [1.]Why do we care?
    [2.]What are the odds that no matter what we think, the logo's gonna bite, blow and suck all at the same time?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

[2.]What are the odds that no matter what we think, the logo's gonna bite, blow and suck all at the same time?

Hey, at least it's the logo that's going to bite, blow and suck at the same time. :D

I saw, I came, I left.

hey, the logo met expectations :D it's a piece of crap, and comes with a $3 MP3 player and 50 cent headphones :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Wow. That logo is atrocious.

Now, to comment on the female coach -- I think it's a bad idea. I'm not sure what kind of egos these ABA players have -- probably very small because A. they suck and B. they're willing to play for teams represented by these logos -- but I'd imagine the players wouldn't react to a female coach. That's not intended to be sexist or anything; i'm not saying a female coach can't know the x's and o's as well as a male coach, just that i'm not sure if the players would react to a female.

IUe6Hvh.png

Wow. That logo is atrocious.

Now, to comment on the female coach -- I think it's a bad idea. I'm not sure what kind of egos these ABA players have -- probably very small because A. they suck and B. they're willing to play for teams represented by these logos -- but I'd imagine the players wouldn't react to a female coach. That's not intended to be sexist or anything; i'm not saying a female coach can't know the x's and o's as well as a male coach, just that i'm not sure if the players would react to a female.

its funny were talking about this because just last Tennessee State University here in Nashville also had a female head coach on the bench coaching the meneven though iit was only for one game i cant think of her name off the top of my head

I don't think it's an issue at all that the Nashville team will have a female coach. I'm amazed that she's only 22. If this is a team of older, male players, they could eat her alive (figuratively speaking, of course). She must be pretty tough.

I say, it's worth the shot. This is these guys last shot at a pro ball career. They might listen to her. I think there are some very talented females who could coach professionally (Pat Summit being one). Let's see how things work out.

Archived