Hot Stove: MLB Offseason Thread

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former Yankees manager Lou Piniella set to return to Bombers as YES Network television analyst

"I, I, I, I, well, you see, the, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, the, the, the, the, the, the, the ballplayer there, he, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, gotta get, uh, uh, uh, uh, gotta get over and, and, and, and, ah, ah, cover the, the, the, bag.

I'mtooolferris."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

YES has like seventy-nine rotating color commentators of varying relevance to The Glorious New York Yankees while WCBS still has Suzyn Waldman calling 162 games. I don't think the Yankees really make the most of their broadcast outlets.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

YES has like seventy-nine rotating color commentators of varying relevance to The Glorious New York Yankees while WCBS still has Suzyn Waldman calling 162 games. I don't think the Yankees really make the most of their broadcast outlets.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

There is a chance that Adam Jones gets traded to Atlanta in a package that will send JJ and Prado to Baltimore. Jones is kinda what Atlanta needs so Let's see if this one gets done.

While the Orioles' rotation could use some help, it's a very full rotation at the moment.

Potentially, they have all of these starters WITHOUT the addition of Jair:

Jeremy Guthrie

Tommy Hunter

Brian Matusz

Jake Arrieta

Brad Bergesen

Zach Britton

Dana Eveland

Tsuyoshi Wada

Alfredo Simon

Jim Johnson (rumors have swirled of him moving out of the 'pen)

Troy Patton

They're also looking at Japanese pitcher Wei-Yin Chen.

Couple of minor moves for the Red Sox. Traded Kyle Weiland and Jed Lowrie to Astros for Mark Melancon, and signed Nick Punto.

Damn. I was hoping the Cards would bring him back. When healthy, was a pretty good utility guy off the bench. Not a high average, but a number of clutch hits. And versatile infielder with great range and glove work.

Couple of minor moves for the Red Sox. Traded Kyle Weiland and Jed Lowrie to Astros for Mark Melancon, and signed Nick Punto.

Damn. I was hoping the Cards would bring him back. When healthy, was a pretty good utility guy off the bench. Not a high average, but a number of clutch hits. And versatile infielder with great range and glove work.

Yeah. I've always liked him, and I'm pretty sure he'll be better than our current/former utility man, Lowrie, who spent 3/4 of the season on the DL.

spacer.png

Blue Jays made the highest bid for Darvish. Apparently Rogers pretty much told them "Spend whatever you can to get him".

I would be shocked if the bid was less than dice-k's. I could see the Yankees actually getting this, playing opossum like they did with Teixeira in 09. I myself would like the Yankees to get Cespedes and then trade either Gardner or Swisher for starting pitching. Cespedes would be cheaper then Darvish, but also more of a risk as Darvish has more credentials than Cespedes. But my true gut feeling is that we do nothing, and just hope everyone comes back healthy (ARod, Hughes) and that Burnett can win 15 games.

Archived