Hot Stove: MLB Offseason Thread

Dexter Morgan

canseco.png

lolz

He's probably better than Crawford...

Apparently, the Red Sox have signed or are about to sign a Cody Ross.

Now, if this was any old offseason, I'd like this move.

But this the 2011-12 offseason. And I'm wondering why our new GM isn't signing pitchers.

That's the way I've thought of most of Cherington's moves. They'd be really good in any other offseason, but in this one it just seems like he's ignoring the obvious.

As much as I love Cody Ross for his contributions to the 2010 Giants team in helping them win the World Series, there's a reason he was straight up cut by the Marlins that year. He's not very good.

He's better than our regular fourth outfielder, Darnell McDonald.

spacer.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you see/hear that?

asdfwu.png

I hope we all learned a valuable lesson here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Mike Illiitch is an imbecile. Once again, after the market had mostly dried up for a top free agent, Illitch comes in to bail out Boras by offering far more in money and years than anyone else was willing to. I mean, maybe the Tigers are in a position where they essentially can spend whatever they want, but that is a horrible deal. Once again the Tigers bid against themselves, just as with Ivan Roidriguez in 2004 and Ordonez in 2005. Prince probably wasn't getting more than 6 years (7 tops) and $140 from other teams, yet the Tigers come in at 9/$214. Unbelievable.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived